• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mustang. LOL

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
We all know that the new 5.0's don't fuck around and move the fuck out. It's not like it's a big accomplishment or anything that it beats a vette that's 6 years old especially when they throw in a bunch of tuning/performance/handling modifications.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The 06 C6 Z06 isnt just 'an old vette' .. It's a GREAT car, especially on the track. It beat out many of its more-expensive German rivals and is still considered a bench-mark among many track racers.
But hey, haters gonna hate.

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
the new focus has been around in other markets for years, the Cruze is brand new, and cannot go toe to toe with a car in its segment that has been out for 2 or 3 years now... THIS is why the focus impresses me.

The current model Cruze was introduced everywhere else in 2008. It won both driver and manufacturer championships last year in FIA WTCC. Know what youre typing about next time, kthnxbye

Now back on topic, Im not a Ford fan, but I like it. The more the pony cars go towards their Trans Am roots the better, GM has the SSX, and Dodge is playing with their dingys

lol. You Ford owners are so insecure... I actually like the new 5.0's. Very well put together car. Dare I say I would actually rather own a new Mustang over a new Camaro?:eek4: :hsughno: It's true too...

All I'm saying is why is it such a big deal comparing it to previous generations of cars? I understand they're not slow cars but it looks better when you stack it up against newer cars. I'm not saying put it up against a 2012 Z06, but there's other cars out there to put it up against that are new.

94 SHO vs. 2012 BOSS
tumblr_l2fqobtWe91qzpr22o1_500.jpg

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The 06 C6 Z06 isnt just 'an old vette' .. It's a GREAT car, especially on the track. It beat out many of its more-expensive German rivals and is still considered a bench-mark among many track racers.
But hey, haters gonna hate.

Your right! Haters gonna hate.
The corvette IS and always will be a great car. And I'd hope this mustang would keep up with the upgrades they gave it. It's too bad that the compairison is a lightly/mild mod'd package from the factory, mustang to a roll off the factory line, bone stock Z06.

I did some research and the Laguna stang, besides the porting job and mild cams ect, the rearend is packing upgraded 3.73s and the Z06 is 3.42s. The stock 2011 GT is 3.31. Put the 3.31s in and see how she holds up to the Z06

Just saying...

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Your right! Haters gonna hate.
The corvette IS and always will be a great car. And I'd hope this mustang would keep up with the upgrades they gave it. It's too bad that the compairison is a lightly/mild mod'd package from the factory, mustang to a roll off the factory line, bone stock Z06.

I did some research and the Laguna stang, besides the porting job and mild cams ect, the rearend is packing upgraded 3.73s and the Z06 is 3.42s. The stock 2011 GT is 3.31. Put the 3.31s in and see how she holds up to the Z06

Just saying...

I don't get what you are saying. The Z06 is more of a track car than the Boss. The Z06 was developed alongside the C6.R. The learnings from the C6.R program were trickled down to the production car.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
...and at the end of the day its STILL a mustang. But impressive none the less. Only because the mustang IMO has been junk for many years when compared to the GM competition. Some cars just do good on certain tracks, I mean look the cobalt is on that list. You also gotta take in account conditions and driver. If they want to say the mustang IS faster then the C6Z and GTR they should drive them all on the same day with the same driver.

Birdman the C6 Z06 changed very little from 2006-now.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Just because the boss was developed on that track doesn't take away from the fact that it beat an r8 on a road course. Do you think it would do poorly on other road courses and instantly fall apart? Sorry for the loaded question, but that mustang impresses me especially when a gt can hang with an m3.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Just because the boss was developed on that track doesn't take away from the fact that it beat an r8 on a road course. Do you think it would do poorly on other road courses and instantly fall apart? Sorry for the loaded question, but that mustang impresses me especially when a gt can hang with an m3.

According to the GM fanboys in this thread who have never driven on a road course.....Yes

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The current model Cruze was introduced everywhere else in 2008. It won both driver and manufacturer championships last year in FIA WTCC. Know what youre typing about next time, kthnxbye

OK, so GM is releasing a 2 year old design to compete with a brand new international focus and is getting smoked? Makes a bit more sense now... :ford:

I'd agree it's impressive but I also agree with das, it was specifically designed for the laguna, so I second it... Bring on nĂĽrburgring :fy: or any other road course lol

Just saying...

You hit the nail on the head on what I was trying to point out... I would LOVE the new boss, I think its damn near sex on wheels and is an amazing performer. BUT it was DESIGNED to crush numbers on THIS track specifically, I would love to see it with different gears, or on other tracks with the same competition, I bet it would suddenly be a lot closer.

"Numbers sell Cars" This is no different than a company claiming their car is fastest on the nurburgring when it did ALL its testing there..... Wooo?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
In all seriousness, the Boss 302 wasn’t developed for Laguna Seca. Ford actually used a lot of the data from Grand Am Cup and the FR500C/Boss 302R to develop this car. Those cars have won at various tracks across the US. That’s the beauty of racing a production car….The technology trickles down to the masses.

Where is DarkSS? He flamed me for saying that Ford no longer sees the Camaro as a competitor. Now he knows why I said that. The Camaro has been left in the dust!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
But it comes with those gears. That's what works.

You think it's going to spin off track and crash on any other track besides laguna? Doubtful. It comes with I think 2 way adjustable shocks or at least rebound adjustable. What's left? Front end alignment? Air pressure?

Not to many things to change for another track as a track day/daily driver car.
It was tested exclusively at laguna probably because of it's name/heritage. It would sound stupid if it was called the laguna seca edition tested at road Atlanta wouldn't it?

You people arguing that it'll be terrible on another track need to get out from under that rock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info