Muffhugger's Taurus SHO

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
This weekend I finally got off my ass and started fixing my 1995 Ford Taurus SHO. 3 years ago, I did a 2-3-2 shift going about 60 mph and the result was breaking the fingers on the pressure plate. I had purchased a bunch of go fast parts with my deployment money so I didn't want to get rid of it.

Fast forward to last year. I am back home from the Army and decided to start fixing it up. Upon assembling the engine, I find one of the pistons cracked between the compression rings and the project sat longer.

Recently I had a friend buy a Taurus SHO for himself and got an engine for his. He later put it up for sale and I jumped on it. We spend this whole labor day weekend working on my rust free (seriously, every bolt came out with ease) swapping the old 3.0 V6 with a freshened up 3.2 V6 along with a new clutch. Here are some pictures of the process.

Here is the car just before being towed to Dan's house

0wibbfA.jpg

Under the hood

0RmlXUj.jpg

Looks like spaghetti

NjWaBmn.jpg

Cradle dropped

pXMByCf.jpg

Successfully out

Nc1V4Nq.jpg

0Lc9oz8.jpg

So much room for activities

stLouCd.jpg

OLD vs NEW

vpdqQoZ.jpg

HduovBP.jpg

Ready to go back in

rrmrjHU.jpg

IT'S IN

3AIiA4J.jpg

There is still more to do and I will be getting on that shortly. Big changes for this build include:

- New Clutch
- Engine Swap
- Front Sway Bar
- Aluminum Subframe Bushings
- SHOrt Throw Shifter
- Ported Intake Manifold
- Big Bore Butterflies
- SHOshop Fenderwell Intake

Coupled along with new stock parts like spring insulators, control arms, upgraded bushings, power steering lines, coolant hoses, ignition wires and spark plugs; this car is going to be a cruiser.

ECTO COOLER AND SHO, WHAT YEAR IS IT!?

vPzJjOY.jpg

big thanks to [MENTION=126]Dasfinc[/MENTION] [MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION] [MENTION=147]SHOmuff[/MENTION] [MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION] [MENTION=11473]JBruno88[/MENTION] for all the help.
:fy:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
How many hours put in over the weekend?

Way too many man.

Day 1 - Friday, Mike worked on it for, 4, maybe 5 hours, and I was primarily cleaning my garage and just handing him tools.

Day 2 - Sat, Mike and Ryan worked on it from probably 11 until 6, and I was just helping on occasion since I had some house work.

Day 3 - Sunday, Mike, and I worked on it hard-core from about 11 until nearly 8:30 to get the subframe bolted back in place. Other Ryan (SHOMUFF) helped for the last 2 hours of it after he was free.

I'm still smug as fuck about flagging down the icecream truck in my neighborhood

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I thought it would be hella TQey vs my 2.5ltr CSVT, but it's not at all. Granted, the SVTC has hella good gearing for an American car, very honda-esque, but still. With 3.2ltrs, I expected hella tourqes vs my junk Honda.

Thread Info