Sports MTB Madness!

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I'm excited to learn some more of the trails here, so far I've just hit Raceway Woods and Keith Andres since they're both close to home. One of these weekends I'll make the Trek to Palos.

I did hit up Little Switzerland at the end of August, I was surprised how many trails they packed in that little area, I'll definitely make a point to hit it a few times next year.

View attachment 134488

View attachment 134489
What am I seeing there? Hightower?

What am I seeing there? Hightower?

Yes sir, '21 Hightower C R build, then I did an X01 groupset (minus cranks), DT Swiss XM1700 wheelset, AbsoluteBlack oval ring, carbon One-Up bars and swapped from the DHR2 front and back to an Assegai and Dissector.

I was going to do the Charger 2.1 damper in the Yari fork, but honestly the stock Yari surprises the hell out of me and I haven't really felt the need to mess with it.

IMG_4361.jpg

:rofl:

I love mountain bikes man, I also love Santa Cruz bikes. Vpp suspension just speaks to me.
VPP is life - just a bitch to keep clean or measure sag. It gives me an excuse to pull it all apart and regrease everything though. The fact that Santa Cruz has all the exploded diagrams and torque specs on their site, etc. was one of the main reasons I wanted one of them.

I may take you up on the Charger deal, for now I just did a fork service this spring so I'll leave it be through winter at least.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
VPP is life - just a bitch to keep clean or measure sag. It gives me an excuse to pull it all apart and regrease everything though. The fact that Santa Cruz has all the exploded diagrams and torque specs on their site, etc. was one of the main reasons I wanted one of them.

I may take you up on the Charger deal, for now I just did a fork service this spring so I'll leave it be through winter at least.
Only issues Iā€™ve ever had were rocks randomly getting stuck in the lower link but that was before they went hidden link. Legit my favorite bikes.

Let me know. Iā€™d have to ship to you since Iā€™m in Denver. Oh also thatā€™s for the rc2 damper, the rct3 was cheaper.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
"This here is a Huffy Pro Thunder bought at a K-Mart in Saginaw, MI. It was September 22, 1982, a Wednesday if I recall. It was purchased by John (his friends call him 'Jack') Robie, for his son Jack Jr as a 12th birthday present."
Nah I like modern bikes. I leave my love for shitty old cars not bikes.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me
If you haven't gone do it. The Walton's have dumps millions and millions of dollars into everything down there and it's not slowing down anytime soon. And it's not just Bentonville, it's the surrounding areas as well. The plan is basically have trails from the MO/AR boarder to Fayetteville.
I know I'm replying to a June post, but just going off of this.

The Lake Leatherwood Gravity Project in Eureka Springs (45 min to an hour outside of Bentonville) is incredible: https://eurekaparks.com/trails/downhill-shuttles-at-lake-leatherwood

They run a shuttle service on weekends, everything from fairly smooth green lines to holy shit double blacks. Super chunky rocky sections, good flow. Well worth hitting if you're in the area.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I know I'm replying to a June post, but just going off of this.

The Lake Leatherwood Gravity Project in Eureka Springs (45 min to an hour outside of Bentonville) is incredible: https://eurekaparks.com/trails/downhill-shuttles-at-lake-leatherwood

They run a shuttle service on weekends, everything from fairly smooth green lines to holy shit double blacks. Super chunky rocky sections, good flow. Well worth hitting if you're in the area.
Yes, another great place. I personally have not ridden there, but we plan to when we go down to Bike Fest next year. My buddy I always go with has ridden there.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Yes sir, '21 Hightower C R build, then I did an X01 groupset (minus cranks), DT Swiss XM1700 wheelset, AbsoluteBlack oval ring, carbon One-Up bars and swapped from the DHR2 front and back to an Assegai and Dissector.

I was going to do the Charger 2.1 damper in the Yari fork, but honestly the stock Yari surprises the hell out of me and I haven't really felt the need to mess with it.

View attachment 134530
I didn't know anyone else on here rode Little Switz.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I just moved here in June, so I only made it up that way once. Definitely enjoyed it, I think Black and Blue was overall my favorite line, good mix of everything and that blind drop about halfway down the trail was fun to hit.
Black and Blue is defiantly a good run. I like Badlands and PBR also. Since they redid the cannon and big double after the road gap, that run got real good this past season.

Reactions: Squeaky192

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Went with my dad to drop him and my moms bikes off for ā€œtune upsā€ and to pick up my new bike today. Havenā€™t done much with it but put my Wellgo magnesium pedals on it and take off all the reflectors and the spoke protector. Salsa Journeyer Apex 1 with 700c wheels.
89F510AB-8EEE-4D46-8E4A-7AA72E1811DB.jpeg

This sneaky fuck has been trying to get my extra shit out of his house for years, and had my DK Pro XL I raced when I was 16 in the bed of the truck under the cover :rofl:. Itā€™s caked in 20 year old dirt so I may pressure wash it and change the tubes in spring. Itā€™s not really worth much anymore, I donā€™t have much sentinmental value as I only raced it one season. I did most of my racing on an S&M dirt bike in 20.25ā€ TT and then did one season on this 21ā€ Pro XL, won one race and never raced again. Stock pro XL, upped it to 45-16 gearing, Hoffman flash fork because I bent the stock ones and some S&M pedals.

9B9410D0-F201-47DA-A1B0-D18A9E20B361.jpeg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Double check some of those parts on eBay. Iā€™ve seen some wild prices on shit I remember fucking up as a kid. Like primo hemorrhoid seats going for over $100. I probably fucked up 10 of those as a kid ditching my bike down stairs and whatnot

I wonder about the grippy version GT drop nose I have on my old BMX bike. I know those were desirable back when I got in almost 20 years ago.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Well I discovered the Illinois Prairie Path today by taking a wrong turn in aurora and just seeing where it led too. Pretty cool ride. Took it to Warrenville then got confused and went back to take the Batavia branch back to the fox river trail and home. Need to map it out and find a good route as I like riding limestone.

IMG_8116.jpeg

IMG_8129.jpeg

IMG_8120.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well I discovered the Illinois Prairie Path today by taking a wrong turn in aurora and just seeing where it led too. Pretty cool ride. Took it to Warrenville then got confused and went back to take the Batavia branch back to the fox riverView attachment 164645

View attachment 164647

View attachment 164646

trail and home. Need to map it out and find a good route as I like riding limestone.
Trail Link and Google Maps with the biking layer enabled (works on mobile as well) are your friends. I use them both regularly.

1685468919526.png

Reactions: DanJ

Thread Info