TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Mine never moved until literally this morning and it infuriated me that I went and looked for the fix. Whatever update got pushed this morning also collapsed the top ribbon into "compact mode" (unrelated to the bar). Fucking Microsoft just arbitrarily changing shit is the exact reason I pray for another Carrington event to destroy all electronics on this planet.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ahhh, life is good again...

1679325393325.png

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Most of those are the automated system ones I get overnight telling me what got processed and attached files. I'd send them elsewhere, but I do actually use them when something constantly breaks around here and I need a historical snapshot of data.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Mine never moved until literally this morning and it infuriated me that I went and looked for the fix. Whatever update got pushed this morning also collapsed the top ribbon into "compact mode" (unrelated to the bar). Fucking Microsoft just arbitrarily changing shit is the exact reason I pray for another Carrington event to destroy all electronics on this planet.
After fixing itself on its own previously, yesterday mine changed itself back to the stupid column, so I did your fix.

hate MS

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Teams in general is garbage.

It's a memory hog. If I have too many programs open and then have a video call, it just drags my computer down and sometimes gives me memory warnings.

I don't know if it's my phone, headset, or the Teams app, but the Teams app doesn't seem to like my Plantronics Bluetooth headset. My Bluetooth headset shows as connected to my phone. I'll select the Bluetooth sound option in the Teams call, but it automatically switches back to speaker. Sometimes if I keep changing it back, it eventually stays on Bluetooth. It makes me rage.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
FirstWorldProblems N20GT CMNTMXR57 CMNTMXR57 appears Microsoft finally properly implemented a way to undo their stupid fucking display. File > Options > Advanced literally the first option. Restart Outlook. Puts the bar back at the bottom. You're welcome.

View attachment 156039
Interesting, this is the exact reason I just came in this thread. My Outlook changed like 2 weeks ago and I fucking hate it. Gonna try this right now

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ok, figured it out with the helps of the intertubes... When you do the file > options > advanced as listed above, I did not have a check box for the "Show Apps in Outlook" so I was unable to check it.

As such, follow this process;

I had to go in to the office registry files, follow some of the menus on this step by step tutorial and when the registration came up with "true", I changed it to false and closed and restarted outlook. Now my life is gooder again...

1684274836414.png

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Read above. TCG brains solved this Outlook issue. :D

I will post my latest gripe. The latest update moved the downloads from the bottom bar to a little icon in the upper right corner of the browser which is maddening because if you don't see it downloaded (you may not be watching that upper corner), then you gotta go find it. At least on the bottom bar it was readily visible and would be there unless you hit the "X" to get rid of it.

Thread Info