MS Office Gripe Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Internally it's Teams, but if we're discussing things outside the company (say with our ERP support) it's Zoom or Ring Central.
Ok. For clarification, kind of the same. Internal is Meet, external is whatever the person that sets it up uses. Every time we have a call with someone using Zoom I comment to my manager how much better it is.

After a year of this she tells me she has a zoom account for work but not everyone can have one due to cost. WTF?

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
You guys are spoiled having Teams. We have to use Google Meet (or whatever they're calling it this week). Terrible video quality, terrible audio quality, just plain garbage. It's basically the lowest common denominator.
This is a legit point, as far as AV quality goes MS teams seems to be the best. Zoom sucks, webex sucks, haven't use google meet in 5 years so I can't comment on that one.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
4EF9C1E6-2101-4958-8715-298042284AE4.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Over 2 hours of work yesterday down the shitter as the Excel file has since evaporated into the abyss

Auto Save. Is it turned on? Did you get the autorecovery option when you next opened Excel?

Save early, save often. I don't use AutoSave, but I do save regularly, even on my larger weekly files that I update that are ~30MB. Those files usually take 2-3 minutes to save due to the size, but I want to make sure it doesn't ever loose data.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Auto Save. Is it turned on? Did you get the autorecovery option when you next opened Excel?

Save early, save often. I don't use AutoSave, but I do save regularly, even on my larger weekly files that I update that are ~30MB. Those files usually take 2-3 minutes to save due to the size, but I want to make sure it doesn't ever loose data.

I have the auto - save and I was manually saving. The version yesterday is gone, but also other files that were open and saved at the time when an IE uninstall kicked off company-wide this morning.

We are not able to recover those current versions.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I have the auto - save and I was manually saving. The version yesterday is gone, but also other files that were open and saved at the time when an IE uninstall kicked off company-wide this morning.

We are not able to recover those current versions.
Have you tried forcing the Recovery prompt to see if you can find any cached versions?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I decided not to renew office 365 at work to see what happens, and they keep threatening they'll shut my shit off. I opted not to renew in March, they have kept everything active, but keep threatening me with shut off dates, later and later.

Last week this said November 21st.

Untitled.png

Thread Info