Mr Whipple?

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Crappy update....

Few weeks ago.

21146228_10213679538966461_2071615487_o.jpg

Left side.

Belt slip is biggest issue... Still can't get over it.

We did adjust the rockers this past weekend... 0.020 looser now.
Picked up a 3... close to 4 inHG on idle... which is nice.. almost at 10inHG.

Did coat the belt too, with trackbite, while playing around. Seems to help
a little bit, at the cost it seemed to chew the belt up by time I got home.

Slicks need replaced.... badly. Dry as a bone.. nearly a decade old.
Going to just coat em in trackbite and get one more visit with them and
toss them out and get new M&H in the spring.

Here is the run graphed out.. (ignore MPH... its off due to slicks)
Can tell how bad the slip is ... so we are trying to figure out a new COG 2.0 belt setup for next year :-/

21198074_10213703482285029_703058642_o.png

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Damn, belts suck!

They sure do. COG is gonna be only way really to get around this sadly.

22163898_1881237065234718_618461410_o.jpg

Plan is on doing a remote pump setup. Gonna be a huge pain room wise
all around to do this. To get room for a simple 3 pulley total setup going.

PRJ hand cut the plate already and got most of the parts. Need some more
fittings and some hose and try to figure out how the hell to mount this properly.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
What fuel pump is that? an in-tank or racecar style inline?

I've just been street-testing the FGT setup and once it's at full boost fuel is just leaning the f*** out
I'm on the walbro 255 with 17.5 volts
Deciding what to do next

Aeromotive Eliminator ... mounted in the tank. So far so good still. No problems, even when I made mistake of running the tank almost bone dry.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Damn you, saw what I thought was an update, but it wasn't. :squint:

Sadly never got back out to the track :(

Person who would tow my turds around, they had first child so no go on that front any time soon... Then I bought my first house in June... So was a wash.

The new RPM belt from Gates has held up pretty good if that counts for anything :)

Hopefully once spring rolls around, can get towed out to the track and see if it holds up.

Other than the new belt helping and weak sauce AC system, the car is running fine and driving it alot.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Sadly never got back out to the track :(

Person who would tow my turds around, they had first child so no go on that front any time soon... Then I bought my first house in June... So was a wash.

The new RPM belt from Gates has held up pretty good if that counts for anything :)

Hopefully once spring rolls around, can get towed out to the track and see if it holds up.

Other than the new belt helping and weak sauce AC system, the car is running fine and driving it alot.

Ehh, that was a weak update but it was an update so I'll let it slide this time around. They better get a lot more interesting from here though, otherwise I will post :squint: <--- those to show my disappointment.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Ehh, that was a weak update but it was an update so I'll let it slide this time around. They better get a lot more interesting from here though, otherwise I will post :squint: <--- those to show my disappointment.

Eventually one day, I need to just buy a truck to tow my junk around myself.
Then not have to rely on anyone else.

I have my own trailer already.... :tear:

Good thing is, nothing broke since getting car back up and running 1.5yrs ago... maybe a new record :)

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
I have no idea how you own basically two of the fastest 4t65e vehicles in the USA, and have no tow vehicle.

Before I moved recently, just had no place for a truck. Was hard enough to have 2 GPs and Mirage in what little driveway I had ... Now I have a house and much more driveway parking.... just no money for a good truck... :picard:

I'll be eventually getting one once I can talk my self into blowing more $$

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info