TV Mr. Robot

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
I really like this episode. It was over dramatic but I feel like it had to be to finally answer the question about how Mr. Robot came about. The different acts, theatrical music, rain/lightning, almost felt like one continuous shot between the two rooms and the banger stole the show. That dude killed it this episode IMO.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I really like this episode. It was over dramatic but I feel like it had to be to finally answer the question about how Mr. Robot came about. The different acts, theatrical music, rain/lightning, almost felt like one continuous shot between the two rooms and the banger stole the show. That dude killed it this episode IMO.
I didn't feel it was over dramatic myself, but I could see how you could feel that way. Everything played together to draw you in. At the start I was like Eliot, yeah whatever man you are just a crazy meth head. As it went on though you are (again like Elliot) more like wait, what IS she talking about. They tied up stuff from episode 1 basically which is insane! Just shows that Sam Esmil had a fully formed plan for this show since day one. Something that has been talked about in interviews actually. Christian Slater said he loved it from the start, but they only had the first season. So he asked Sam where can it possibly go, do you have more after this?! Sam ended up laying it all out for him and he instantly signed on.

It is impressive that a show like this got made. Something so good, and so out of the norm, and so accurate in many ways when it comes to the tech side of things. That they didn't force it to drag out as long as possible, and that this is on USA, not HBO or Showtime or the like.

Reactions: BS ISF

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
didn't care for this episode overall. but I guess it added some backstory and proved my theory was wrong for now. the episode felt over dramatic.

I thought he had a 3rd personality.

it'll be interesting if mr.robot is around anymore going forward.

I think there still is a 3rd personality, but Christa doesn't know about it. Or maybe she does and kept that from Vera? I also think Mr. Robot will be back, I think he has to be for it to end.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
The different acts, theatrical music, rain/lightning, almost felt like one continuous shot between the two rooms

That's funny cuz I had that exact same feeling and at one point had to stop and wonder if it was until I actually noticed they were cutting away, because I was so drawn into it. This episode would have been so amazing as a one take, if they hadn't already done it before.

Reactions: BS ISF

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Well. Not exactly what I was expecting, but at the same time it kind of was in a way.

*Spoilers and thoughts below*

Its wonderful when a writer can use multiple personality disorder in a show properly where you think something is real (or outrageous with whitehorses machine in this case) , and yet is able to add a spin to the scenario to have that outrageous event not ruin a show with the "I can't believe this shit, it's too fiction" type of situations.

If I am to be honest, the ending was perfect in the sense of wrapping the series up, putting a bow tie on it, and calling it a finished product while retaining believability.

If I am to be critical and selfish, I enjoyed the series so much that I didn't want it to end and kept expecting another twist (which there was a few in just the last 2 episodes) and I wanted it to go the more fictional route (time merging machine & "2 of you" paradox) over the expected multiple personality disorder wrap up that we got.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Only watch if you've watched the entire series!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCKDrDvaOKE&feature=youtu.be

After the show ended I immediately restarted it from the beginning and watched it all the way thru again. This makes me wanna start it back up. Again. :LOL: I still need to pick up S4 bluray set. It still only exists on my DVR currently.

Reactions: Broke EF
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info