Moved discussion - Gasser vs Diesel trucks v.need-vs-want

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What you mean NOPE? Shewt. If its not a burden on your budget, its the best kind of truck you can have!

this is a discussion for another thread, but for 80-90% of people who have them for personal use they are unnecessary.

frank & you.. necessary.

although one could even bet that you'd be okay with a 2500 gasser as well... :s00ls:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
this is a discussion for another thread, but for 80-90% of people who have them for personal use they are unnecessary.

frank & you.. necessary.

although one could even bet that you'd be okay with a 2500 gasser as well... :s00ls:

Lots of things in life are "unnecessary" by strict definition. Like a Corvette? Or a Capri? Or a Capri and a Corvette? Or quads? Or sleds? Or the F350? Or all sorts of other crap?

All unnecessary.

But are they all fun and awesome in their own way? Hell yes they are.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Lots of things in life are "unnecessary" by strict definition. Like a Corvette? Or a Capri? Or a Capri and a Corvette? Or quads? Or sleds? Or the F350? Or all sorts of other crap?

All unnecessary.

But are they all fun and awesome in their own way? Hell yes they are.

diesel repair costs are stupid. not to mention the lack of reliability compared to typical gas counterparts.... sure an original engine is going to last a few hundred thousand, but so is the gas counterpart, and a lot cheaper to get ther at that.

capri, corvette, quads, sleds... all fun.

diesel truck that has the risk of breaking and needing a tow. not as fun.

i dont think there's a diesel powered truck you could give me at this point for personal use...

PS - I'm disappointed in [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] for liking your post :squint:

i ain't
:rofl:

he's seen the light. :rofl:

ps start a new thread if we goin' here

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The ****** baja truck checks off almost every "need" I have for a truck and it's use. Rides great, looks awesome, has a great interior and amenities, pulls my trailer just fine, and moves the fuck out being a truck.

I'll get some Deavers rear leafs and airshocks with longer bump stops to help the rear squat with the trailer and I'm 99% sure I'll have this truck until the wheels fall off. Almost at 40k miles and haven't had a single issue other than the cracked radiator housing which happens in every vehicle ever with plastic radiator end caps.

What really helped me get out of the diesel trance was Frank getting ~12mpg with my trailer going up to Hayward. My truck gets 10-12 with the trailer. I'm good.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
a 6.2 f150 would be fucking sweet...

I have a new-found respect for the Ford 6.2. Sure it's a OHC engine and twice the size of an LS but fuck man, it's a great sounding engine and with the 6R90 transmission will pull any reasonable trailer with ease.

they are plenty reliable, don't get me wrong...

but make sure you change all your filters at the right times...

and use the right fuel...

and use the right def...

and use the right oil...

and change the herpanerpananny every 17,400 miles...

and cartwheel across teh hood every tuesday.

and wait for the regen every 500 miles... :io:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info