• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Moveable pedal repair gear

Curless

Low buck car collector
Dec 5, 2012
Grand Rapids
Well its been a while since I have posted on this thread so I thought I would revive it...that being said obviously I have the Panther platform pedal repair available for your cars. Now we also have the 2003 and up Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator repair available. Same price, $85 to your door...this one is way easier to instal. No need to remove the assembly you can repair it right in the truck!

Curless

Low buck car collector
Dec 5, 2012
Grand Rapids
Navigator / Expedition Instructions:

1. Remove the three T-20 torx bolts from the black housing on your brake pedal

2. If you look to the left side of the black housing that we just took the bolts out of you will see two little tabs that stick through the main body of the pedal assembly. Using a small screwdriver, slip these two locking tabs out. This will release the outter black housing of the gears.

3. Now take an angle grinder / file / roloc disc and grind off the stamped end of the shaft. BE CAREFUL to only take the stamped part off, DO NOT GRIND IT WAY DOWN.

4. Twist the washer loose and remove the wave washer, plastic washer, and inner washer. DO NOT LOOSE THEM.

5. Lift up on the brake pedal, while holding up on it remove the old gear. You may have to give it a good twist.

6. Put a little grease (I use a product called sli-glyde #765-1351 from NAPA, any grease will do the job) on the shaft that the gear rides on. Instal your new gear so the that the threads just start to come out of the side facing you.

7. Re-instal the inner steel washer, the wave washer, and then the plastic washer.

8. Now take the cap provided with your gear, and using a small (8-10mm) wrench rock it up and onto the end of the shaft. You should hear it snap in place.

9. Put some grease around the outside of the gear and on its center face.

10. Push the pedal button and LOWER the gas pedal all of the way to the floor.

11. No re - instal your cover and bolts. YOU ARE DONE!

Attachments

• Expi gears 001.jpg
    Expi gears 001.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Expi gears 002.jpg
    Expi gears 002.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Expi gears 006.jpg
    Expi gears 006.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Expi gears 007.jpg
    Expi gears 007.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Expi gears 008.jpg
    Expi gears 008.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info