⚡ EV Move Over Tesla: Rivian R1T Electric Pickup

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
It’s a big challenge. Typical truck buyers are the last people on earth that will accept electric power as being not only as good but even better than gassers. 99% of the people I know/work with that are into trucks comment all the time about how Tesla sucks and an electric truck wouldn’t work because they “don’t have enough power”. Seriously if everybody drove an electric vehicle for a week, they would completely change their tune but bro-dozer people are the last kind of people that would give electric a chance

I'm not sure really. There are a lot (I don't know what %) of people that drive pickup trucks that really don't need them, or don't need anything near to the capability they have. I bought mine because I just like trucks, and its convenient to have a few times a year for me. I even opted for the engine I have because I can tune it and add a bunch of power, not because it tows more.

There is definitely people like you are describing, but don't think its close to 99%. (There are a lot of pickup trucks in my corporate parking lot that probably haven't done much more than moved a couch).

I'd buy an electric pickup if it was fast accelerating, looked good, and had a decent range, and was under $75k.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://interestingengineering.com/electric-truck-startup-boasts-full-charging-in-under-13-minutes

When it comes to electric vehicle (EV) charging, just like all things automotive, speed is of the essence.

Last month, Porsche made headlines with their news of charging stations that would power EVs in just 15 minutes.

Now it seems a fresh Arizona-based EV startup has already got the luxury sportscar maker beat. Electric pickup truck manufacturer Atlis Motor Vehicles revealed it has completed its first large-scale prototype battery pack and achieved a full charge in under 13 minutes.

A first in the EV industry
According to the firm, Atlis' engineers were attempting a full charge in 15 minutes when the testing actually saw the task completed in an impressive 12 minutes, 35 seconds. The ultra-fast charge time is a first in the EV industry.

"We have completed preliminary testing of our prototype pack with fast charging capabilities, and we're proud to announce that we did better than expected. We beat our charge time by 2 minutes and 25 seconds by charging a 3 kWh pack to full in 12 minutes 35 seconds," CEO and founder of Atlis Mark Hanchett said in a company statement.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I'm not sure really. There are a lot (I don't know what %) of people that drive pickup trucks that really don't need them, or don't need anything near to the capability they have. I bought mine because I just like trucks, and its convenient to have a few times a year for me. I even opted for the engine I have because I can tune it and add a bunch of power, not because it tows more.

There is definitely people like you are describing, but don't think its close to 99%. (There are a lot of pickup trucks in my corporate parking lot that probably haven't done much more than moved a couch).

I'd buy an electric pickup if it was fast accelerating, looked good, and had a decent range, and was under $75k.

Keep in mind I work with blue collar people, and to be honest the ones I’m describing are the troglodytes. I mean straight up fox lake living, tom and Emily listening, brat stop drinking troglodytes. Their major ambition is putting 35s on a 2500 pre-def diesel. So I don’t see them buying a 50-60-70k vehicle anyway.

I wish you could hear them at my work. Constantly complaining about how the new trucks are “too nice” and they need to make them like the older ones again.... it’s really sad people can’t see how much better they have it than they used to

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Keep in mind I work with blue collar people, and to be honest the ones I’m describing are the troglodytes. I mean straight up fox lake living, tom and Emily listening, brat stop drinking troglodytes. Their major ambition is putting 35s on a 2500 pre-def diesel. So I don’t see them buying a 50-60-70k vehicle anyway.

I wish you could hear them at my work. Constantly complaining about how the new trucks are “too nice” and they need to make them like the older ones again.... it’s really sad people can’t see how much better they have it than they used to

LOL!! I can perfectly picture the people you are talking about by this description!! :bowrofl:

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
everyone forget about this company too :rofl:

https://www.startengine.com/atlis-motor-vehicles

7d60a192-83ba-4d9d-b359-8191c401c63b.jpg

Yeah, that's going nowhere fast.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
So my buddy runs the state of Michigan for Willis insurance and had a meeting with these guys this week. He says the company is going places and they have already pre sold their entire first inventory run. Also someone just wrote them a $700million dollar check, I want to say amazon, but not positive about that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info