⚡ EV Move Over Tesla: Rivian R1T Electric Pickup

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013

LOL. I look forward to the future follow up article years down the road “Illinois dealers out of business. Tesla and Rivian thriving”

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
This truck is going to do extremely well. As long as there are no major flaws or weird hiccups I can see this being a true actual Tesla competitor. Both companies are very similar and operate outside the norm. All other EVs are simply just noise for random consumers. This will be a true pound for pound competitor

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This truck is going to do extremely well. As long as there are no major flaws or weird hiccups I can see this being a true actual Tesla competitor. Both companies are very similar and operate outside the norm. All other EVs are simply just noise for random consumers. This will be a true pound for pound competitor

i logged in just to say this thing is going to blow.

Reactions: v6buicks

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’m still baffled by the idea of an electric truck for anything other than being lifestyle image choice (granted, a big part of it, and EV in general right now). Range will practically be useless while towing. But for those 100 miles, it should tow pretty well :rofl:
giphy.gif

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
It's official range is equally as worthless as the Hummer EV.

316 miles range is worthless?

Reactions: dpwalsh14

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
If I'm towing another car behind me, am I only able to go 150? I know we've already talked about how this is catering to different crowd (not truck people), but I still fail to see how this is going to be competitive. It's not exactly revolutionary and they have yet to release anything to an average customer. It's going to be a tough road.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Pretty sure they do the range test with 1000lb load in the bed as well. And it makes like 800hp? I don’t see an issue with 316 miles of range. If you are the road trip or towing type then buy an ICE vehicle.

And what percentage of 1500 series trucks actually ever tow literally anything? Has to be less than 10% and I believe this truck slots in between the Ranger and F-150 in size.

Would be nice if they gave ratings for 80% as that’s typically what you charge to on a daily basis with EVs.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Pretty sure they do the range test with 1000lb load in the bed as well. And it makes like 800hp? I don’t see an issue with 316 miles of range. If you are the road trip type then buy an ICE vehicle.

And what percentage of 1500 series trucks actually ever tow literally anything? Has to be less than 10% and I believe this truck slots in between the Ranger and F-150 in size.

Would be nice if they gave ratings for 80% as that’s typically what you charge to on a daily basis with EVs.
That wouldn't be a terrible deal then. It's still unfortunately not going to work for me though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info