• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mounted my new MT 315 DR today...

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I left the picnic today a little early so I could mount my new MT DR 315's. They are no were near the same size as my 315 nitto's. They fit on my car no problem. I'm running MM 1" wheel spacers, 3" studs, and MM low profile IRS bolt.

After I got them mounted I took it out for a test drive. I drove about 3 miles or so, then I gave her hell...Ripped first and both spun then grabed 2nd gear and my car wheel hopped bad so I got off it. I was totally not happy.

I got home check the tire pressure, they were at 38ish or so..I was WTF so I backed them down to 30psi. I haven't taken the car out yet to see. I really didn't think they hooked good at all. I will take the car out later this week and rip some gears. I will get pics up tomorrow.

What PSI is everyone running them at?

Kevin

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
RD SNAKE said:
I left the picnic today a little early so I could mount my new MT DR 315's. They are no were near the same size as my 315 nitto's. They fit on my car no problem. I'm running MM 1" wheel spacers, 3" studs, and MM low profile IRS bolt.

After I got them mounted I took it out for a test drive. I drove about 3 miles or so, then I gave her hell...Ripped first and both spun then grabed 2nd gear and my car wheel hopped bad so I got off it. I was totally not happy.

I got home check the tire pressure, they were at 38ish or so..I was WTF so I backed them down to 30psi. I haven't taken the car out yet to see. I really didn't think they hooked good at all. I will take the car out later this week and rip some gears. I will get pics up tomorrow.

What PSI is everyone running them at?

Kevin

I love my new 315's, I have yet to have them spin at all. I think I am right around 30 psi, but I also have a bit less power than you do too. I am sure you will like them much better with less pressure.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Adjusted my tire PSI to 30 and warmmed up the tires..Did a run from dead stop in 1st with very little to no tire spin...They hook GREAT! A little less PSI and a nice burnout and these thing will kick ass!!

Here are pics..

315 nitto on the left, MT 315 on the right...Nitto's do run small

Picture203.jpg

Picture202.jpg

Picture204.jpg

Picture205.jpg

Picture207.jpg

Picture209.jpg

Picture213.jpg

Picture212.jpg

Kevin

Gary101386

Just a GT...
Jan 2, 2007
01Sleeper said:
I love my new 315's, I have yet to have them spin at all. I think I am right around 30 psi, but I also have a bit less power than you do too. I am sure you will like them much better with less pressure.

I have eagle F1's but before these i had BFG Drag radials, i had 28-30 PSI and my car HOOKED!!! But i have ALOT less power than you do!

My consern would be dropping the PSI that low, wouldnt it cause premature wear? My car is a daily driver in the summer time.... i bought the F1's to last...

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Congrats on the new tires, they look great. I wonder what you think of how they handle when you hammer it going straight and then enter a curve, not a radical one, but a curve non the less. See if the back end tends to shift up and outward during the curve at "some" point, usually while entering.

Both my MT, old style, and BFG's did that to me at 28-30lbs on the street and I HATED IT! Actually the Mikey's were better at 30 than 28, but both tires were sloppy in curves.

Down here on the south side around 79th to 111th on La Grange Rd, ( our local public drag strip and all around FUN ZONE ) you get going and hit a curve all the time which is why I bought the Nittos. I gave up some traction for a stable curve and I'm happy.

I am curious how that new tire handles. Now go out and test them and I'll expect a full report by morning, that's Thursday morning, got that? I thought so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info