Mounted my new MT 315 DR today...

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
I left the picnic today a little early so I could mount my new MT DR 315's. They are no were near the same size as my 315 nitto's. They fit on my car no problem. I'm running MM 1" wheel spacers, 3" studs, and MM low profile IRS bolt.

After I got them mounted I took it out for a test drive. I drove about 3 miles or so, then I gave her hell...Ripped first and both spun then grabed 2nd gear and my car wheel hopped bad so I got off it. I was totally not happy.

I got home check the tire pressure, they were at 38ish or so..I was WTF so I backed them down to 30psi. I haven't taken the car out yet to see. I really didn't think they hooked good at all. I will take the car out later this week and rip some gears. I will get pics up tomorrow.

What PSI is everyone running them at?

Kevin

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
38 definintely sounds like a lot... I am sure once you try again you'll be happy!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Flatliner said:
38 definintely sounds like a lot... I am sure once you try again you'll be happy!
I sure hope so....

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
The 275's that I use on the GTO are 25 psi on the street. No drag radial should have under a 40 profile sidewall. IMO.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
I run 28 psi in my MT's on the street.

01Sleeper

Reaction score
RD SNAKE said:
I left the picnic today a little early so I could mount my new MT DR 315's. They are no were near the same size as my 315 nitto's. They fit on my car no problem. I'm running MM 1" wheel spacers, 3" studs, and MM low profile IRS bolt.

After I got them mounted I took it out for a test drive. I drove about 3 miles or so, then I gave her hell...Ripped first and both spun then grabed 2nd gear and my car wheel hopped bad so I got off it. I was totally not happy.

I got home check the tire pressure, they were at 38ish or so..I was WTF so I backed them down to 30psi. I haven't taken the car out yet to see. I really didn't think they hooked good at all. I will take the car out later this week and rip some gears. I will get pics up tomorrow.

What PSI is everyone running them at?

Kevin

I love my new 315's, I have yet to have them spin at all. I think I am right around 30 psi, but I also have a bit less power than you do too. I am sure you will like them much better with less pressure.

ExplorerThis

Making 600rwhp w/warranty
Reaction score
I run 17-18psi on the street.....15-16psi at the track.....

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
Reaction score
like everyone has said even 30 on the street is too much. Id go for like 18 or so on the street since its not a daily driver.

doodad

Reaction score
i personally saw those tires, they were like glue i swear. if you drop them down to 20psi, i don't think you would spin!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
94' cobra 351 said:
how detrimental is that to your gas mileage?

what about cornering?
What? The tires or dropping the PSI?

noavgcobra

Reaction score
25/17 on my 275's ill let you take her for a spin if ya want..

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Adjusted my tire PSI to 30 and warmmed up the tires..Did a run from dead stop in 1st with very little to no tire spin...They hook GREAT! A little less PSI and a nice burnout and these thing will kick ass!!

Here are pics..

315 nitto on the left, MT 315 on the right...Nitto's do run small

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Stangfreak91 said:
sweet...they look fat!
Yes sir, let me no if you need a hand pulling that blower for a port job! ;)

ChromeCobra

Reaction score
That looks sick! I need to loose these 18's and get some 17's

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
ChromeCobra said:
That looks sick! I need to loose these 18's and get some 17's
Yep, nittos are like well over $200 a tire for a 18" screw that...

Reaction score
i love the tires. i keep mine 28-25psi on the street, and they run great for me.

Gary101386

Just a GT...
Reaction score
01Sleeper said:
I love my new 315's, I have yet to have them spin at all. I think I am right around 30 psi, but I also have a bit less power than you do too. I am sure you will like them much better with less pressure.
I have eagle F1's but before these i had BFG Drag radials, i had 28-30 PSI and my car HOOKED!!! But i have ALOT less power than you do!

My consern would be dropping the PSI that low, wouldnt it cause premature wear? My car is a daily driver in the summer time.... i bought the F1's to last...

Since 1964

Reaction score
Congrats on the new tires, they look great. I wonder what you think of how they handle when you hammer it going straight and then enter a curve, not a radical one, but a curve non the less. See if the back end tends to shift up and outward during the curve at "some" point, usually while entering.

Both my MT, old style, and BFG's did that to me at 28-30lbs on the street and I HATED IT! Actually the Mikey's were better at 30 than 28, but both tires were sloppy in curves.

Down here on the south side around 79th to 111th on La Grange Rd, ( our local public drag strip and all around FUN ZONE ) you get going and hit a curve all the time which is why I bought the Nittos. I gave up some traction for a stable curve and I'm happy.

I am curious how that new tire handles. Now go out and test them and I'll expect a full report by morning, that's Thursday morning, got that? I thought so.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
I run around 25-26 around town, if I know Ill be on a highway for a while I run 30psi. At the track I run 14-15psi @1.68 60ft and thats on 275's, just heat em up a little and try again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom