Sports MotoGP 2023/2024

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah, just started watching the race on the DVR, forgot it was this weekend.

IDAFC21 IDAFC21 check your DVR.

Yeah the dvr got it.

Still havent watched the first race......

giphy.gif

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And finally just watched the first 2 races. Jesus WTF is up w/ Marquez..... How the hell did he even make it out of Portugal alive?

Also, still being somewhat new to all of this, while I do not like to see riders go down and I definitely don't like seeing anyone get hurt, on some level its still kind of hilarious to me that when it does happen, 1. you barely get any coverage of it, aside from the announcer saying "crash!" and a quick shot on tv, and 2. They just keep on going no matter what :LOL:

In F1, if a carbon fiber strake flies off someones car they red flag the race. But here, there could be a BODY laying just off the track, and they just toss up a yellow flag and run out and get him out of the way while everyones still flying around

Also, again I'm not a bike guy and have no experience riding on or driving one, but I'm still quite amazed at how hard these guys can still go in the wet (thats what she said)

Reactions: Mr Baytchos

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, not a spoiler, but Marc Marquez is out this weekend due to the injury he suffered at the opening round, where he took out Miguel Oliveira. He (MM) was to serve a double long-lap penalty at the next round, which was Argentina, but he didn't race that either. So now Honda is trying to appeal the penalty so he doesn't have to do it. WTF? Why should he get to skate on serving the penalty? Right now the appeal is being delayed.

In regards to COTA
Yamaha didn't get any better with straight line speed. Ducati just walked sprinted right past, no effort needed. Doesn't make sense to me why Suzuki pulled out of MotoGP when they were doing so well, and here we have Yamaha doing so poorly. Maybe Yamaha should go find the engineers that worked on the Suzuki's.

For such good weather (a bit windy) the amount of attrition was really surprising. It might have been the front tires giving up, a lot of riders went with the Hard, so they should have lasted for the duration of the race.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Watching the sprint race
Yamaha should be ashamed with this bike. Looks like they brought a R1 to the season. They are getting absolutely blasted in the straights. How do they expect to fight for a championship when they are so down on power?
dude you aren’t kidding. The Yamaha is by far the slowest bike on the track, look how Rins hung with Pecco. With 8 laps left when Marini flew past quartararo, Yamaha should have been embarrassed. Dude made up a 10+ bike gap in one straight without even using the slip stream

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
French GP this weekend! I finally just watched the Spanish GP ?‍?️ With the last 2 weekends being F1 weekends I kinda forgot to watch it. Thought it was a pretty damn good race, but I am also biased towards Italians with red vehicles winning races.

I also still need to watch the Formula E Monaco GP, which I think I will do now as well. Just get all my backlogged motorsports things knocked out tonight.

Thread Info