Sports MotoGP 2022

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They gave quartararo a long lap penalty for his accident with Aleix (in which aleix didn't fall off, and came back to finish 4th), the fuck.

Nakagami crashes in to everyone and broke rins' wrist a month ago.....and wasn't penalized. How can the stewards be this inconsistent.
That's always been my gripe. Whether MotoGP or F1, the penalties are so fucking inconsistent.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
That's always been my gripe. Whether MotoGP or F1, the penalties are so fucking inconsistent.
I think F1 has been better this year, or maybe there's just been fewer egregious incidents for them to act on.

Motogp has always been pretty hands off as it should be, but this is absurd. How are you going to penalize one of the fastest, cleanest riders on the grid for an honest mistake that ended up hurting only himself. Aleix i'm sure is grateful it happened because he closed the championship gap by 13 points

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I think F1 has been better this year, or maybe there's just been fewer egregious incidents for them to act on.

Motogp has always been pretty hands off as it should be, but this is absurd. How are you going to penalize one of the fastest, cleanest riders on the grid for an honest mistake that ended up hurting only himself. Aleix i'm sure is grateful it happened because he closed the championship gap by 13 points
I concur, on both points.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
They gave quartararo a long lap penalty for his accident with Aleix (in which aleix didn't fall off, and came back to finish 4th), the fuck.

Nakagami crashes in to everyone and broke rins' wrist a month ago.....and wasn't penalized. How can the stewards be this inconsistent.
Yeah that's horsehit

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Silverstone this weekend. For us poors, itā€™ll be in delay, on CNBC, tomorrow at 12:30pm CST.

IDAFC21 IDAFC21 make sure your DVR is set.

will-ferrell-consider-it-done.gif

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Damn, I figured no MM and no Rossi would reduce attendance, but this is nuts. MotoGP racing itself is perfect IMO, but the marketing is completely MIA. Their amazon series fell on deaf ears and wasn't a fraction as interesting as DTS, I think largely because most riders do not speak great english.

People need to get to know the teams and the riders like they do with F1. I love motoGP but even I don't really give a shit about anyone that's not in the top 10, or even top 5 on some days.

But the thrilling race was witnessed by just 41,002 trackside fans, down from 67,000 last year and a fraction of the sell-out 142,000 spectators for last monthā€™s Silverstone F1 race.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Not gonna lie my enthusiasm for MotoGP is gone. I find myself searching for more of the TT in Ireland and England.
It's definitely a lot different than when you had several multiple WC riders on the grid (Lorenzo, MM, Rossi)

Half the bikes being ducatis doesn't help either

Reactions: BS ISF

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I miss the old Speedvision. They showed everything, and would replay them days later.

MotoGP had sold their broadcast rights to BEin Sports, which had good coverage on TV. But then BEin got into contract disputes will all the major providers and got dropped, like in the middle of the racing season. I could get to the BEin website and use my dad's DishTV credentials, but there were no replays for motorcycle racing. You had to catch it live, or you missed it.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info