Sports MotoGP 2022

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Holy fuck 225mph on any track is insane.

Yes, it is :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: BS ISF

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If I had the streaming package to watch live Iā€™d use the tags.

Us bottom 10% TCGā€™ers have to wait for the delayed broadcast, which sucks.

I normally try to stay out of the threads, but that prevents us from talking about the race as it happens.

Itā€™s just being considerate.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Initial thought:
Factory Yamaha, three laps in, one is in first place, the other is last.

Confused High Quality GIF
Whoever the new second seat announcer is, theyā€™re trying way too hard.

Discuss:

If you look closely at the replay of the first lap crash, Nakagamiā€™s bike takes out Rins. But Nakagamiā€™s HEAD is what took out the back of Bagnaiaā€™s bike. You can see puff of something on impact, his head gets violently thrown backwards, and his smoked visor comes off and slides down the track and through the gravel trap. Heā€™s going to be feeling that. Lucky he didnā€™t break his neck.

22 laps to go, multiple replays, announcers havenā€™t noticed it yet.

At 20 laps to go, they show Rins back in his garage, then immediately show the crash from a different angle. You can clearly see the brutal impact of Nakagamiā€™s head into the rear tire. They finally acknowledge it, but like a passing remark.

Thatā€™s some damn good safety gear.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Initial thought:
Factory Yamaha, three laps in, one is in first place, the other is last.

Confused High Quality GIF
Whoever the new second seat announcer is, theyā€™re trying way too hard.

Discuss:

If you look closely at the replay of the first lap crash, Nakagamiā€™s bike takes out Rins. But Nakagamiā€™s HEAD is what took out the back of Bagnaiaā€™s bike. You can see puff of something on impact, his head gets violently thrown backwards, and his smoked visor comes off and slides down the track and through the gravel trap. Heā€™s going to be feeling that. Lucky he didnā€™t break his neck.

22 laps to go, multiple replays, announcers havenā€™t noticed it yet.

At 20 laps to go, they show Rins back in his garage, then immediately show the crash from a different angle. You can clearly see the brutal impact of Nakagamiā€™s head into the rear tire. They finally acknowledge it, but like a passing remark.

Thatā€™s some damn good safety gear.
Yeah it was super weird to me that they were talking about Rins' hard impact but not the fact that Nakagami took down a bike with his head, he absolutely could have broken his neck doing that.

I really want to hear what's going on with Morbidelli and Miller. Morbidelli finished second in the championship in 2020. I'm assuming his knee just won't allow him to compete anymore

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Rins on Nakagami

ā€œBut then everyone started to talk about the stewards. For sure they are not doing their job well, itā€™s obvious. Itā€™s obvious.ā€

Rins says he will put pressure on MotoGP to change its stewards, while branding double 500cc world champion Freddie Spencer ā€“ who head the stewards panel ā€“ as ā€œtoo oldā€ for the job.

ā€œFor sure I will put on pressure to do it,ā€ he added.

ā€œForgetting about the incident in Mugello, today Iā€™m injured, one rider took away chances for me to fight for the championship ā€“ but also Pecco.

ā€œPecco was there also fighting for the championship, and I think not anymore this year.

ā€œAll the three guys are there [in the stewards panel], they are not doing their job well. Itā€™s clear.

ā€œHe [Spencer] demonstrated that heā€™s too old to be there. Some young people [should have the role], I donā€™t know, people who raced in the new era, someone who has already retired.ā€

Suzuki boss Livio Suppo echoed his riderā€™s comments, slamming the decision to label the crash as ā€œa racing incidentā€ as ā€œunacceptableā€

ā€œWe sent a protest to the stewards,ā€ Suppo said.

ā€œThey checked the incident, for them it was a racing incident. For me that is not acceptable, to consider something like this a race accident.

ā€œI think both Alex and Pecco deserve to know how big was the mistake he has done, clearly it was a mistake.

ā€œIt is very easy to check the data position of the rider, how many metres after the usual braking point he did.

ā€œOn top of this he totally crossed from the left to the right. If you speak with Polā€¦ On TV it looked like he was very close to Pol [Espargaro].

ā€œI think [if] race direction thinks something like this is a normal accident, we have to think about. For us it is not acceptable. A mistake can happen, but this was really big.ā€

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info