MotoGP 2021

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
maaan this is the best racing in the world

I bet Mir is pissed at himself, his line in that last turn straight up sucked and cost him 2 spots

BTW what happened to the Ducati speed after the first few laps. They fell off hard

Great work Vinales! Wish Rossi would have done better :-(

I just finished watching.
The announcers briefly mentioned that Ducati had to turn their fuel mapping down at some point in order to finish the race with enough fuel. I wasn't aware they could do that remotely or if the rider could change the setting? I feel bad for Mir with his last corner, but it goes to show how one missed apex or poor line can be devastating. It all made for a good battle for 2 to 4 though!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have to find a way to watch it now. Might have to get the video pass but have been reading that the app itself is horrible. Was watching on DirecTV but much to my surprise the service was cancelled (long story), and not too happy about it.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah that was a sick race, it's been a full day fuck that spoiler tag. I can't believe Marquez crashed out of 1st place, really wanted to see him win this one
NBCSN didn't broadcast it till like 5 or 6pm CDT, well after it actually ran, so if others watched it at that time, or like me, had it on the DVR I didn't want to spoil anything. I was out riding the cruiser and didn't get home till after 11pm, so that's when I watched it.

But fuck, that was entertaining. Hats off to Jack Miller. Even with three "long" laps he still cruised to victory. Don't know if you saw the post-race interviews, but when Simon was interview Jack there was a dude hiding behind the wall over Jack's left shoulder. He saw the camera and the interview and just kept peeking his head out to see if it was safe. Was pretty funny.

Edit, next season I'll get the MotoGP video pass so I can watch at the time of the race. They don't pro-rate the package so not going to pay 100% after the season has started and we're a few races in. Would be great if that high cost also included WSBK. Then I'd jump on it.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Actually, it looks like they do pro-rate it. However their statement doesn't make any sense:

20% less on the motogp.com VideoPass. Subscription valid until the first race of the 2021 season.

It's the 2021 subscription, but it is valid until the first race of the 2021 season? So like, you pay for it but don't get to watch anything? I think it should say "until the first race of the 2022 season". :unsure:

1621268029172.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Rossi needs to hang em up man. Lapping over 1.5 seconds a lap slower that the leader. I was hoping he might get that 200th podium this year but it doesn't seem like a remote chance that happens.
I was thinking the same, and I really like Rossi. But his teammate was doing just as poorly this weekend. Main reason he got into the top 10 was attrition. I think he’s got some good finishes left in him before he retires.

That warm up lap incident was weird, can’t recall seeing that happen before. Need to see what the explanation was.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Rossi needs to hang em up man. Lapping over 1.5 seconds a lap slower that the leader. I was hoping he might get that 200th podium this year but it doesn't seem like a remote chance that happens.
It’s hard to watch, he was always a solid 5th-10th place rider up until this year. That petronas bike isn’t helping it seems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Wow, MM just keeps chucking his bike down the track. That’s three races in a row he has a DNF. Did he try coming back too soon?

And don’t think I would run hot laps with my leathers opened up like Quartararo. What was that?
I do wonder what happened with those leathers. The way they handled it made no sense though...an after-the-fact additional 3 second penalty. Wtf good does that do anyone.

They should have black flagged him, but they didn't, so just live with the decision to let him race at that point. What's the penalty for...to discourage other riders from letting their zippers magically break.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info