MotoGP 2021

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
It's almost time for the best racing on the planet (fite me) to return.

Marquez is back

Qatar Test results – Top 10:
1. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) – 1:53.183
2. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.061
3. Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.080
4. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.140
5. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.261
6. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.457
7. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.644
8. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.677
9. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.716
10. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.716

BTW I really miss Rossi's factory colors :(

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
I am excited Marquez is back. All the other riders are not.....hahaha

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Dude has been out of it for a loooong time and had a pretty severe injury, wonder if he'll be the same
I think it will take him a few races to get back into the groove. But knowing him, he will come out swinging.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I don't follow it much, but I'm mesmerized by the action of MotoGP racing and Isle of Man TT races. The raw speed, danger, control, strategy and athleticism on display is certainly among the top in all the racing world. Looks like it's mostly on NBC and NBCSN. Is there a way for me to exclude NASCAR content on those channels? :ROFLMAO:

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
I don't follow it much, but I'm mesmerized by the action of MotoGP racing and Isle of Man TT races. The raw speed, danger, control, strategy and athleticism on display is certainly among the top in all the racing world. Looks like it's mostly on NBC and NBCSN. Is there a way for me to exclude NASCAR content on those channels? :ROFLMAO:
Dorna takes $150/year from me for motogp videopass and I could not care less, totally worth it. It's a sunday AM ritual with my wife and 2 year old lol

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for this year man. It will be interesting to see who can start the year off strong. I think it will take Marquez a few races to get back up front

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I might go for the video pass this year. The NBCSN coverage last year was absolutely terrible. And, IIRC, they’re shutting down the channel anyway. I haven’t seen who is going to pick up the broadcast rights yet.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
And MM is out for the first few two races:

Marc Marquez, together with his medical team from the Hospital Ruber Internacional, have considered it prudent not to re-join competition this weekend in Qatar.
In the review carried out on the Spanish rider by the medical team led by Doctors Samuel Antuña and Ignacio Roger de Oña, and made up of Doctors De Miguel, Ibarzabal and García Villanueva, 15 weeks after surgery for an infected pseudoarthrosis of the right humerus, a good clinical response has been found after the intensification of his training.

However, considering the time period and the current state of the bone consolidation process, doctors consider it prudent and necessary not to accelerate Marquez’s return to the track after such an inactive time, and to avoid putting the humerus at risk in intense competition. Marquez will undergo another medical check on Monday, April 12.

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
It’s sad they had him on track so quickly after the initial wreck. Literally like 5-6 days, and now it’s cost him over a full year of racing

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but he’s young, and if Honda is smart they’ll keep him on. I think I read he was willing to give back a year’s salary or something to stay in their good graces?

I am wondering if he dials back his aggressiveness from 12 to 11 to refrain from getting into crash/injury situations. Just hurts him in the long run, literally and figuratively.

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
Yeah, but he’s young, and if Honda is smart they’ll keep him on. I think I read he was willing to give back a year’s salary or something to stay in their good graces?

I am wondering if he dials back his aggressiveness from 12 to 11 to refrain from getting into crash/injury situations. Just hurts him in the long run, literally and figuratively.
IMO it's more honda's fault than it is marquez'. Injuries happen, but they never ever ever should have agreed to let him try riding the following weekend. From what I remember reading that post-surgery stress is what caused most of the lasting damage. It makes perfect sense...dude got plates in his arm and you're going to let him get on a 250hp bike 5 days later. Ridiculous

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
IMO it's more honda's fault than it is marquez'. Injuries happen, but they never ever ever should have agreed to let him try riding the following weekend. From what I remember reading that post-surgery stress is what caused most of the lasting damage. It makes perfect sense...dude got plates in his arm and you're going to let him get on a 250hp bike 5 days later. Ridiculous
Yeah, I can see a few weeks, cause even Hayden did that and he was older. But days, way too aggressive for the beginning of the season.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
First race, Qatar, will be broadcast on NBCSN Sunday night @ 10:30pm CDT.

Why they’re waiting till like 10 hours after the actual race I don’t know.

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
Rossi qualifies 4th!!!!!

The top 8 riders from q2 all beat the previous track record held by marquez

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Spoilers man.... spoilers, please use the flag.

Side note, not going to link to the article, but Johann Zarco of Premac set a new top speed record in MotoGP after topping out at 225.18 mph (362.4 km/h) during the series’ fourth practice session.

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
maaan this is the best racing in the world

I bet Mir is pissed at himself, his line in that last turn straight up sucked and cost him 2 spots

BTW what happened to the Ducati speed after the first few laps. They fell off hard

Great work Vinales! Wish Rossi would have done better :-(

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ll be watching later with the massively delayed broadcast.

N20GT N20GT did you pick up the MooGP Video Pass? Thought about it then saw the price hike. Too bad that doesn’t also include WSBK. If it did then I’d get it.

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
I’ll be watching later with the massively delayed broadcast.

N20GT N20GT did you pick up the MooGP Video Pass? Thought about it then saw the price hike. Too bad that doesn’t also include WSBK. If it did then I’d get it.
Yeah I’ve had it for a few years and just let it auto renew each year. I have no problem supporting something that I don’t want to see go away. It’s part of our Sunday morning ritual lol

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve had it for a few years and just let it auto renew each year. I have no problem supporting something that I don’t want to see go away. It’s part of our Sunday morning ritual lol
I’m tempted, so tempted. Might pair nicely with my F1TV, except the F1TV iOS/iPadOS app failed this morning, the race wouldn’t stream. And no streaming device app (ATV, Roku, etc).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom