MotoGP 2020

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Didn’t see a recent thread for this but MotoGP kicks off this weekend in Jerez. It used to be broadcast on BEin sports but they lost the contract to NBCSN, which is fine with me since so few providers were carrying BEin.

Jerez race airs NBCSN this Sunday (7/19/2020) at 6:30pm CDT.

I haven’t watched in years so it’ll be interesting to see what has changed.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That was a good race. Glad it is being broadcast on a more accessible channel, but NBC didn't disappoint with their history... NBC, Neverending Barrage of Commercials. They need to learn from ESPN/SKY with Formula 1.

Not a Marquez fan, but that was a helluva save on turn 4. His dissection of the pack coming back up was impressive, even if he did piss off a few racers along the way. That being said, he looked to be in a lot of pain on that second incident in the same corner.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That was first viewing of a race since 8/2018 or so. Some new names, some team changes, and the action is still exciting.

Still need an exceptionally good US rider back in that game.

Now need to see what is going on with WSBK, both the races and how it is being broadcast.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Good thing the radial nerve wasn't affected. Just pins/plates/rods/screws. That's how they get back in the action so quick. He'll be paying for it later in life, most do.

Look at Troy Bayliss... Had part of his finger taken off during a race. He asked his team boss if he needed it to race. "No". Okay then, just grind it down to where I'm good to go, I need to get back on the bike. Dude literally had half his finger removed and was riding again immediately.

That's if I'm remembering it all correctly, lol... it was a few years ago.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, with directv’s guide it’s hard to say, but looks like second run of Jerez will be Sunday morning, 5am CDT, NBCSN. It’s possible it’s rebroadcast of last week. However the program immediately following it is Moto 2, which says its new. But DTV being Dipshit TV that might also be from last week.

There is a MotoGP race showing on Sunday at 1:30pm CDT, NBC (local channel 5).

I have them all set to record, regardless.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Good race. Yamaha podium sweep!!! Hopefully they can keep this up but the Ducatis will be hanging around for sure. Plus Marquez will be back and im sure will be winning races.
Yamaha is F'd on engines though.

Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP and Petronas Yamaha SRT are in deep engine trouble after only two rounds of the MotoGP™ World Championship. The two premier class outfits are the only teams on the MotoGP™ grid to have used more than two engines across Rounds 1 and 2, with none of Yamaha's four riders using either of the engines that they used at the Spanish Grand Prix seven days later at the Gran Premio Red Bull de Andalucia.
Maverick Viñales is the man worst off, with the Spaniard having used three engines last weekend, one of which was withdrawn from their allocation after FP3. He's now using his fourth and fifth engines, which must see him through to the end of the season to avoid penalty. Valentino Rossi, meanwhile, has also had one engine withdrawn after an issue with one of his power units brought his Spanish Grand Prix to an end seven days ago.

The same issues are also apparent at Petronas Yamaha SRT, with both Fabio Quartararo and Franco Morbidelli onto their third and fourth engines already. The latter was the victim of engine trouble on Sunday at the Andalucia GP after looking odds on to claim his first podium in the premier class, with fears then turning towards Quartararo's machine in the hope the Frenchman wouldn't suffer the same fate while leading.
If any of the four riders are forced into using a sixth engine, then they will start that race from pitlane as a result. Rumours are Yamaha sent at least two engines back to Japan following the season-opener and it's clear with this latest news they need to find solutions to what seems to be some worrying reliability issues.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Red Bull Ring this weekend. Massive crash. If Rossi wasn’t religious, he definitely is now.

Zarco and Morbildelli touched after the kink and one of the bikes became a ghost rider doing about 170-180mph. It hit the air fence and launched right in front of Rossi. The other went tumbling through the gravel and went right over Rossi’s head.

There are longer versions of this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info