Moron with nitrous, will he blow his motor?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
This kid I know recently got a nitrous kit installed on his 03 Nissan Altima 2.5 (4-banger) only other mods are intake and exhaust.

His setup:

eBay nitrous kit (no name brand)
NOS solenoids
75 shot (Dry)
window switch (3500-6000)
no purge
stock tune

Id say hes gonna blow his shit up, what do you think?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
well assuming its hooked up properly and the motor is in good running condition i dont see why it wouldnt be ok. you said he has an intake and exhaust without a tune... my experience is that it will already be running slightly rich because of those mods without a tune, and assuming his oxygen sensor isnt already fucked it should be able to compensate for the extra fuel required. he may be a moron and use it everyday 5 times a day though, in which case the motor will fail at some point, just because of general wear and tear from the extra power causing it to tear itself apart, not because of the nitrous directly. horsepower and torque affect engine longevity. the more power you make, the more quickly your engine will wear out, regardless of how that extra power is produced

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
depends upon his stock fuel system and if it can add enough additional fuel, let alone know it needs that additional fuel.

My fuel system sucks, bottlenecks at the fuel rail and the injectors so I had to make sure to go wet.

but really, it's people like him that take these stupid risks, blow shit up, and give nitrous a bad rap. To be honest, I bet he fries his no name, Chinese-made solenoid and sticks it open and then boom...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info