Moron with nitrous, will he blow his motor?

PANDA

Reaction score
This kid I know recently got a nitrous kit installed on his 03 Nissan Altima 2.5 (4-banger) only other mods are intake and exhaust.

His setup:

eBay nitrous kit (no name brand)
NOS solenoids
75 shot (Dry)
window switch (3500-6000)
no purge
stock tune

Id say hes gonna blow his shit up, what do you think?

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
hes done if hes running a 75 DRY shot with no way to tell the pcm HEY WE NEED FUEL

SikBUSA

Reaction score
r u sure its a dry shot ??
hes gonna blow his shit up

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
hmm....so it is

i'm gonna say blow it up b/c hes gonna flip the go baby go switch all the time...."so thats a whopper and a large fry? please pull forward" : presses switch :

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
In for destruction. Please document with video.

OP
PANDA

PANDA

Reaction score
Its a dry shot hooked up to the intake.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
ya hes done, anything over a 50 shot dry ur fucked UNLESS u tune or the ecu is programmed to control it

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
well assuming its hooked up properly and the motor is in good running condition i dont see why it wouldnt be ok. you said he has an intake and exhaust without a tune... my experience is that it will already be running slightly rich because of those mods without a tune, and assuming his oxygen sensor isnt already fucked it should be able to compensate for the extra fuel required. he may be a moron and use it everyday 5 times a day though, in which case the motor will fail at some point, just because of general wear and tear from the extra power causing it to tear itself apart, not because of the nitrous directly. horsepower and torque affect engine longevity. the more power you make, the more quickly your engine will wear out, regardless of how that extra power is produced

Angus

Reaction score
depends upon his stock fuel system and if it can add enough additional fuel, let alone know it needs that additional fuel.

My fuel system sucks, bottlenecks at the fuel rail and the injectors so I had to make sure to go wet.

but really, it's people like him that take these stupid risks, blow shit up, and give nitrous a bad rap. To be honest, I bet he fries his no name, Chinese-made solenoid and sticks it open and then boom...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom