Mike
tumblr_lu2imhgtkh1qaex5co1_500.gif

Illinois just want to tax that ass.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
This will never EVER pass. A GPS tracking system? Really? :rofl:

Who will fund those? Not broke ass Illinois. The fuck outta here with this stupid shit.

gps tracking system, probably not, but a concept like i said could be likely. tracking your mileage per a yearly safety inspection. Safety inspection required to renew your plates. lots of states already do the safety inspections.

then your renewal fee would be based off of your mileage.

my cars would be registered in WI. if that happened.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I dont see this passing, just like the rest of the completely off the wall bullshit they propose. Remember the freak out over not being able to make cars into race cars a month or so back? Ya. They just propose total bullshit to see if they can sneak it by.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
This will never EVER pass. A GPS tracking system? Really? :rofl:

Who will fund those? Not broke ass Illinois. The fuck outta here with this stupid shit.

Most modern cars have a GPS transponder already. I know my truck does and Chevys sure as shit do with OnStar. They could simply say "We want access to your location services." and voila.

As for older cars, I foresee another "cash for clunkers" as a way to get more people into newer, trackable cars.

Just as Illinois is proposing this stupid shit, those are my proposals for ways to do it.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I know for accidents/navigation OnStar is a passive service but for actual GPS location for roadside assistance and whatnot it's a pay service. I think.

For instance in my truck, I don't pay for any extra services nor XM/Sirius. When I use my navigation that's built into the truck, it still knows where I am because of a passive GPS signal. You're still being tracked whether you pay for the service or not.

Komrade.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I know for accidents/navigation OnStar is a passive service but for actual GPS location for roadside assistance and whatnot it's a pay service. I think.

For instance in my truck, I don't pay for any extra services nor XM/Sirius. When I use my navigation that's built into the truck, it still knows where I am because of a passive GPS signal. You're still being tracked whether you pay for the service or not.

Komrade.

Yeah, but those are still GPS receivers. They don't transmit your location to anything. They just track the signals from satellites in orbit.

I have an app on my phone "Architecture of Radio" that will show you the location of every visible GPS satellite there is.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think as many have stated above good luck getting this passed. Everyone who voted for it will be removed from office when it comes time to reelect. Basically signing their own death certificate in politics.

I could see raising the price of sticker renewal but paying per mile is not something that is going to happen anytime soon. Especially in this state where everyone collectively hates every politician already

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
As long as it is in good working condition they can eat my ass

oh undoubtedly.....but for em to eat yer ass on a non GPS equipped vehicle....id bet the "inspection fee/process" would be a PITA and cost $.

id also bet on it being tied to the plates/registration renewal/suspension like the emissions schtuff.

OBD3 is already upon us....its just not federally implemented...yet

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
That being said on the very slim slim chance it passes. There is a way around everything. Emission testing is a perfect example. Tons of us here have cars that we race that would never pass emissions normally. A few keystrokes in HP Tuners and bam we pass.

....while chancing a 25,000$ epa fine....if the epa had any task force that could police it....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info