Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
ASS U ME.

Yeah not many powder coating companies can do like the original rim manufacturers did and machine the lug nut Pockets after the coating....

There's generally a reason why you never see any factory rims or otherwise with coatings on the lug nut seats you will see them with steel inserts but never painted or powder-coated.

I've seen it with bolted on powder coated water pump pulleys, all the way to rims, rotors, knuckles, multiple times over the years.

carry yer lug nut wrench and socket with you buddy.

Last thing you need is your lug nut holes chewed the f*** out because they loosened up.

I have a set of chewed-up tgp rims that were powder coated and now all the lug nut holes are ovaled.

I doubt you want to turn those into air hose holders bolted to yer garage wall.

you don’t need to machine the seats after getting powder coated, they can simply wipe the seat before tossing them in the oven. :dunno:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I don't know if I see them risking wiping the seats in deep recessed holes.

I'll shut up now but I'm just pointing out that it would be a really good idea to keep checking on em especially after a lot of hard braking where the brakes and wheel heats up.

As I point out before I have a set of four cross laces that are f****** destroyed because of this very issue.

I could actually care less about his jalopy I just don't want to be driving the TR next to him worrying about his wheel flying off :s00ls:

Thread Info