Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So what's the verdict on the UM tuning? Worth it or no? Still haven't tuned my junk as I got a bit uh... Sidetracked with another project [emoji16]
I haven't run any faster on the street, so from a performance difference, I can't honestly say. I kind of feel like all the off the shelf flash tunes are gonna be the same, with some differences being found in the tcu tune.

I will say I miss Giac's customer service. They replied much faster and provided more flesh out replies. Not to say UM has ignored me but the replies are always extremely brief.

If I were to do it all over, I think I'd look into EQT for first.

I don't regret spending the money, as I'm set up for more fuel and bigger turbo should I choose to but i was expecting more.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ugh yeah they're supposed to be amazing for that. Now you got me stuck between that and EQT again lol. I really like the idea of having a Cobb tuner and switchable tunes without having to go to the tuning dealer.
If the EQT fb group is anything to go by, their tunes rip. Especially the latest e30 tunes.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So with Lukes in full swing again and other meets being planned...I've got the itch to do some more with the car. Here are some things on my mind organized by probability.

100% happening or has already happened
  • Misc parts to upgrade my p3 gauge to read boost beyond 23psi - analog sensor and boost tap. Arrives tomorrow.
  • UM Flex Fuel setup - sensor, wiring and flash update. Maybe August.
  • eMMOTION rear sway bar. Also maybe August.
65% chance of happening
  • CTS MPI - late winter
  • CTS low pressure pump - late winter
  • Update to UM tune to allow more corn than e30 - late winter
45% chance of happening
  • Virtual cockpit upgrade (either OEM or China knockoff) - 2021
  • Racingline Carbon Fiber rear brace - 2021
  • Aerofabb V2 front splitter - 2021
Wild Card
  • EQT Vortex Hybrid Turbo - ?

DanJ DanJoy , am I missing anything we've randomly discussed?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Looks present and accounted for. That rear brace would be great. These cars are just one big tube of flex. There was a company called Unibrace that made nice ones cheaper than the CF unit but their machining costs got too high for them to continue making them.

Thread Info