Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just curious, have you had any issues with the car since you've had it? Haldex, oil leaks, etc? Been putting mad miles on my S3 since I got it lol looking like it'll be my only car for a while so just wondering how other similar cars are doing.
The only issues I've had so far are -

Driver's side window to stop working with the auto up and down. I've had the switch itself replaced but I sometimes have to force the window to relearn the auto feature (hold button up with window closes for 10 seconds, hold button down with window down for 10 seconds - do that a few times).

Pretty sure th clutch in my AC is fucked as its noisy, especially in the summer. Turning on the AC fixes it. The dealer claimed twice they "couldnt hear it", so I just live with it now.

The latest and probably biggest, is oil in cylinder 4's spark plug valley. This apparently happens when the sealant that acts as the valve cover gasket (these cars dont have one), start to fail. Komet quoted me 600 but I'm gonna see if I can get get it covered under warranty, assuming my warranty is still active.

Other than that, car has been fine. Bought it with....19k miles? Has 42xxx miles now.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Nice, well that's not terrible. But yeah, just did the plugs on my car myself and noticed that I'm leaking oil in at least cylinders 1 and 3. Took it to Audi and then they didn't apparently see the oil in the cylinders so they didn't replace the valve cover gasket/sealant which sucks because I only have like 2 months left on my factory warranty

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I will NEVER order from USP again, ever. Just called them after they had basically stopped replying to my outreach.

Guy picks up the phone (who I've spoken with over email, nice guy). I give him my order number and he says he needs to check on something. Gets back on the phone and tells me that their shipment from customs showed up but Racingline didnt send springs......system shows the earliest they can get them is August but more than likely September. WOW. Just fucking WOW.

As soon as my refund shows up, I'll be ordering from these:

Should have just went with EMD from the start. I'm so pissed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Eibachs on imports and german cars are usually trash imo. I ordered the ones linked above. AMAZING customer service (and great reviews as well). Emailed them this morning to see if they were in stock, replied within a minute saying yes. Just got an email saying they will ship today.

I LOVE the slight raked look with the rear pads installed. I think I might go with that setup.

1594143750183.png

1594143757619.png

Thread Info