General Information

2016 Golf R, DSG

1670395408140.png

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I dont know why I put nice rims on my car (this is actually my first time doing so after the car has already been bought). Ive been gradually destroying the powdercoat on the passenger side front. Smacked a curb today out of pure negligence earlier and had to try and make it not look totally fucked with a paint pen....it covers it up but its just a myspace angle fix. Guess I'll be getting them refinished this winter.

This is why I cant have nice things.
Now I don’t run into shit with mine but the dude I bought them off took them off at the track and the socket ate all the black off the lug holes, rattle can sprayed into the cap and a detail brush makes it not noticeable, been running these ghetto fixed rims for 5 years now on 2 cars and no one has ever said they look like shit

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Now I don’t run into shit with mine but the dude I bought them off took them off at the track and the socket ate all the black off the lug holes, rattle can sprayed into the cap and a detail brush makes it not noticeable, been running these ghetto fixed rims for 5 years now on 2 cars and no one has ever said they look like shit

Because we are too busy looking at your tail lights to notice the paint inside the lug holes

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Thats why Im in no rush to change the wheels on my BMW. They've inadvertently met a few curbs here and there. Used to bother me, but I sort of don't care anymore. ?

I rely on my auto passenger mirror angling down with my rimz when parallel parking. then my front tire is only going at the curb with the wheel cranked hard. :rofl:

Reactions: IDAFC21

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I rely on my auto passenger mirror angling down with my rimz when parallel parking. then my front tire is only going at the curb with the wheel cranked hard. :rofl:

I used to hate that with my dad's 2013 Durango. With his 2019, there is a setting to toggle this feature on and off.... F that leave it OFF

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I used to hate that with my dad's 2013 Durango. With his 2019, there is a setting to toggle this feature on and off.... F that leave it OFF

bmw's is toggle-able with where the mirror power switch is switched to.

i only have it rotating down while backing to a curb cuz i dont wanna scratch ddeeez rimz.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The bird's eye view camera on newer cars is awesome for getting close to curbs. I've been known to leave my car a good two feet away from the curb out of paranoia.

But with the Mustang I tend to use the side mirror to get a better view of the curb.
Nose of the RS is low enough that it would scrape on every parking stall. So I'm paranoid too and will get out and sometimes find 2ft between the nose and the curb.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

Yeah I do enjoy that feature. But it only works when you're in reverse. I actually have my 2nd seat memory button programmed to angle my drivers mirror down specifically for when I go thru the whataburger drive thru because its super tight and you really gotta cut in to get close to the window :LOL:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So I havent really done much to the car since going stage 2 whenever that was...2017 or 18. But I had some cashback on my credit card and decided to finally snag a resonator delete kit for my car. I swung by the always sexy daturbosix daturbosix's so that he could cut out the stock resonator and MAN, I love the sound now. The video below is on a cold engine and then the flaps close (around :40) and it quiets down a ton. In person it has a great low grumble to it. I need to get a flyby video but I'm VERY happy.

This is a catted downpipe, res delete and stock catback.

Thread Info