General Information

2016 Golf R, DSG

1670395408140.png

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Also, tossed [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION]'s old rims on today. Love it. Now I just need a drop to complete the look. (pardon the compressed image - too lazy to go through imgur)

And by tossed, I mean Dan treated me like discount tire and knocked everything out like a pro, while I stood around looking for something to do.

View attachment 41558

Rim recycling Brothers
giphy.gif

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Man, that is a pretty damn compelling review. I haven't read the best of things on their manual, so I have been leaning toward the idea of the DSG. Sounds like a great car to own. Any issues pop up with the car since you have owned it? Anything to look out for as I start my search?

Do the rear seats fold down flat? Curious for dog hauling duty. Also, those wheels look pretty awesome on there. Good stuff.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The rear seats fold down mostly flat. Lots of space. Folks on FB constantly post pics of fitting 65" tvs in there.

The only issues Ive had so far:

Theres a noise no one can diagnose but I think its AC related. I think its the AC clutch. No noticeable side effects to the noise.

My driver side window switch is a huge piece of shit. I've had it replaced once under warranty because the auto down on the front two windows stopped working....guess whats happening again?

Ummmmmmmmm I think thats it. This car has been ROCK solid.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
You looking new or used? If used, I'd try and find a CPO. If new, there are alot of new colors to choose from, I'm jealous.

I would ultimately love a new one, but a used one is probably more realistic. I might just keep an eye out and wait the winter out for a lightly used 2018 or 2019 in the spring. I have been known to randomly jump on buying stuff before, so I could surprise myself.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
The tires also hook way better than my shit Dunlops :)

Should be even better on a newer 235. I was surprised those old 225’s hooked that well on the old blacktop by my parents.

What size wheels are in that picture? 17-ish?

Factory is a 18x7.5 Et 49 (or et51, I can’t find a straight answer), those are an 18x8.5 et 45.

Thread Info