2016 Golf R, DSG

1670395408140.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have to say Mr. Mook, that I've never been much of a fan or someone to look twice and the Golf/GTI/R, but with all the quality content on this site, and seeing yours scream down the track I am definitely taking notice in them now. In a conversation with my dad last night he stated he was always a big fan of the original GTI and has seriously considered getting one, or an R, as a play toy. However the drivers in his area are horrible, lots of blind curves, and everyone crashes into everyone then sues them for the money to live on. So for now he'll soldier on with his Silverado.

But that car is definitely on his short list.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Honest to god, of all the cars I've owned, this ranks at the top. I love it. And I hurt knowing its in the garage sick. The Cobra, Supra, Evo...all and amazing machines, but none have brought me the joy or pride of ownership that this little thing has.
It’s been an impressive car, I honestly wouldn’t have given that car a second look a couple years ago but with somewhat minimal mods you have it ripping, hopefully your able to get it fixed up and it comes out swing for that 10 second pass

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Honest to god, of all the cars I've owned, this ranks at the top. I love it. And I hurt knowing its in the garage sick. The Cobra, Supra, Evo...all and amazing machines, but none have brought me the joy or pride of ownership that this little thing has.

I'm really enjoying the GTI, though I would put my 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 as a better car that I have owned. I bought that car new and drove the piss out of it until 130k, on the original clutch and for the most part it was dead reliable and fast! I just had a CAI, a Hypertech tuner and an upgraded rear sway bar and that thing was so much fun for the $. I've looked for another clean "Touring" Trim one (I had the peon, base "Sport" trim).

My MR2's were fun, but not nearly as practical as the MS3 or the GTI. Both cars are a great all around packages.

Thread Info