Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Been doing a decent amount of reading on intakes and piping (both kinds) lately and have come to the conclusion that there isnt a meaningful amount of difference between open and closed intakes. So I decided to swap my closed IE intake for APR's open intake with a big dick filter. Now, this could just a placebo or the intake on my IE was super dirty but just pulling out of the neighborhood, NOTICEABLE increase in throttle response. I was genuinely surprised. I'm not expecting to pick up any extra power, just some more noise. I'm happy with it.

1655580304379.png

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Been doing a decent amount of reading on intakes and piping (both kinds) lately and have come to the conclusion that there isnt a meaningful amount of difference between open and closed intakes. So I decided to swap my closed IE intake for APR's open intake with a big dick filter. Now, this could just a placebo or the intake on my IE was super dirty but just pulling out of the neighborhood, NOTICEABLE increase in throttle response. I was genuinely surprised. I'm not expecting to pick up any extra power, just some more noise. I'm happy with it.

View attachment 123468
Wood, where’s them new 0-60’s after the tune

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Rear of the car is finally done. Picked up a set of used LED tails with the dynamic turn harness. This was definitely a lesson in always inspect and test before you buy. 1. There are water spots INSIDE the tails which are driving me insane (I suppose they can be hard water spots on the outside, but I've got nothing to remove them if so, currently). 2. On the driver side, two of the leds don't light up. Its not the end of the world but its fucking infuriating b/c the dude showed me a pic of them working properly on his car. Does anyone know of someone that can take apart a tail light and fix leds?

BUT, its all worth it for them sweet sweet dynamic turn signals :wackit:

rLeChPm.jpg

5bVTKb4.jpg

Thread Info