Mook told me to get a GTI so I did

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Sweet jesus those are some lumbersexual seats. Do you have a beard? Skinny jeans? Size 14 brown leather shoes?

Skip the vape and go straight to $11/pint craft beer and a pipe

JK, i bet that thing is a blast to drive. Good choice

Beard? Check
Skinny jeans? Fuck no.
Size 14 brown leather shoes? Not quite, but currently wearing size 13 brown leather chukkas
$11 craft beer? No, I will fucks with some craft beers on occasion, but PBR, Coors Light, and Sapporo are my go to beers.
Pipe? I did have a tobacco pipe in college, I still have it somewhere

Bonus points, I am a blonde Norwegian, so I've got that lumbersexual blood.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Beard? Check
Skinny jeans? Fuck no.
Size 14 brown leather shoes? Not quite, but currently wearing size 13 brown leather chukkas
$11 craft beer? No, I will fucks with some craft beers on occasion, but PBR, Coors Light, and Sapporo are my go to beers.
Pipe? I did have a tobacco pipe in college, I still have it somewhere

Bonus points, I am a blonde Norwegian, so I've got that lumbersexual blood.

PBR totally counts!

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Congrats and enjoy it! Once you have had it for awhile, we can do some easy compare/contrast with my 2017 S with DSG and your 2017 S manual if you are interested. I'm still stock aside from wheels and an intake elbow. This is my first automatic in over 20 years, and I can't say I miss the manual (yet). :)

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I've always coveted the plaid seats

Also, I can totally understand the complaints about the clutch. It's doesn't have the best feedback, but my C30 was worse...but that thing had absolutely zero feel. The actual shifter is very nice and smooth. I haven't really gotten into it, too much, but had a couple quick sprints, and the shifter and clutch responded well.

I’ve done most every shifter mod available. For the clutch there’s a spring under the clutch pedal, remove that and the pedal has more feedback. Besides that I’ve done the stainless clutch line and have been meaning to remove the restrictor piece from the bleeder block.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I’ve done most every shifter mod available. For the clutch there’s a spring under the clutch pedal, remove that and the pedal has more feedback. Besides that I’ve done the stainless clutch line and have been meaning to remove the restrictor piece from the bleeder block.

Is there any issues that arise from removing the spring? Clutch not coming back to top, etc?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Is there any issues that arise from removing the spring? Clutch not coming back to top, etc?

Not that I’ve ever heard of. The spring helps pull the pedal to the floor and make the clutch pedal lighter. I took mine out week one and haven’t had a problem in 25,000 miles. If you end up not liking it you can always hook the spring back into place.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Should help then. I hated the spring. I drove my MK6 to trade in at the dealer and then proceeded to stall my MK7 on the way home about 2-3 times.

I’ll have to look up the fix and try it

I generally don’t have issues with stalling so far, I just slip the clutch more than I would if I could feel it a bit more

Thread Info