Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Did more reading last night and I absolutely should have bought the tall version for my sleeping habits. So I ordered a Tall this morning. Hoping it gets here by next weekend.

I'm gonna guess I'll end up returning the standard size pretty quick. Thank god for the 100 day return policy. I'll continue to keep you guys updated.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Also, this popped up after I placed my order. Looks like this would only apply for mattresses or two pillow purchases.

1597504547070.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The Tall boy has arrived. I did a quick lay down and it feels ok on the back, the regular is a bit softer but thats also likely because I've been using it for what, 2 weeks?

I did a quick side lay and it already felt way better but we'll see tonight.

Its bigger too, not just in terms of height, which I like. I am excite.

Tall on the left

IMG_20200821_145943.jpg

Tall on the top

IMG_20200821_145933.jpg

Reactions: Shawn1112

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Well, I've got some (potentially) bad news for the tall boy. It lasted maybe an hour before I swapped back to the regular. The quick test from early in the day did not translate over to a usable pillow. I think its going to end up too tall for me. I couldnt get comfortable on my side. It also elevates my neck just a tad too much when laying on my back, but its still usable in that position. I dont think my head is heavy enough to sink into this pillow adequately. Its quite a bit thicker than the regular size.

I might be returning both of them at the end of the week and go on the hunt for a different pillow. Or I'll keep one of the other until I find a replacement.

I'm going to try the tall boy again tonight and over the next few days and try and give it a fair shot...but so far, I would not say either are worth 160 bucks. But that could just be me and my shitty sleep. For some of you bigger guys with large heads and manly frames, the tall pillow might work well, as I'd expect you guys to sink into the pillow a bit more. The regular started out good but I feel like its already started to flatten out a bit (it might not be at all but I feel like it is), which would be hugely disappointing. Thats the one mega positive to the tall...it just feels sturdier and thicker overall.

Its frustrating because I tossed the pillow back on the bed this morning and laid around on it and it seemed to work fine :rofl:

I'm going to do some more research over the weekend and see if there are alternatives out there.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Currently researching this one. I believe (cant remember if it was this one) its actually shorter than the regular harmony but its adjustable (cant make it taller). But it seems to get good reviews on almost all the sites...need to read more customer reviews.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just a quick update. I will be returning the REGULAR Harmony pillow...however, I'm going to stick with the tall guy for awhile longer. I'm starting to get used to it and I'm finding its actually not bad for stomach sleeping once you get used to its bulk and such.

I might end up keeping the tall guy as my perm pillow.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Just a quick update. I will be returning the REGULAR Harmony pillow...however, I'm going to stick with the tall guy for awhile longer. I'm starting to get used to it and I'm finding its actually not bad for stomach sleeping once you get used to its bulk and such.

I might end up keeping the tall guy as my perm pillow.

So the tall harmony is the pillow of choice?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its what I've stuck with for now. Its grown on me. Its not perfect but I dont think I'll be returning it.

I returned the regular size and the process is simple. Fill out a form, they send you two tracking emails, box it up and send it back. I just got my refund for it.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I keep reading this and wonder with their return policy, how many other people have slept on your pillows and returned them.

I'm sure a lot of people. Especially with an expensive pillow.

You have to remember, most places offer 90-120 days to try a mattress and exchange it. I know many people that have told me they exchanged a mattresses.

Reactions: ChrisRac

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Also, Mook Mook have you mentioned how heavy that Purple pillow is?

I went mattress shopping last night and they had a shorter Purple pillow on one of the mattresses. I swear that thing had to weigh 12 pounds! :rofl: Maybe it felt heavier than it is due to it being dead weight and if you grab one spot the other end stays stuck to the mattress. lol

The salesperson said the Purple Hybrid mattresses are like 150 pounds.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I seem to turn my pillow with me when I flip side to side. I have a feeling if you are a person who likes to move the pillow around or bunch it up under you neck, head, or chest (stomach sleepers) it might now be as easy to do with this pillow. Like it is a pillow you leave be and move your body/head around it. lol

I only used it for a short time in the store. But I could see that a thicker version of the pillow may be a good option for me. The sales guy brought out another pillow that was a gell middle with pockets filled with cotton that your head went on. It was pretty nice. But he said it was a $250 pillow. gtfo haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You’ve got me looking at their mattresses now

I know we have had some mattress discussions over the years in various threads but I don't think we have a thread for itself. I won't clutter up Mook's thread too much. But will make a couple of observations from my experience last night.

They do not sell the original Purple mattress with the memory foam support and their 2" Purple grid on top. They all have coil springs for support so that is what I am talking about.

I am coming from coil support with a pillow top and I am a heavier weight, side sleeper. Laying on the 2" Purple, the grid feels a little weird at first. But I quickly got over it and think if you use a plush topper over your mattress you might not notice it at all. The 3" felt softer and the 4" softer yet. The 3" my shoulder felt less pressure than the 2" but it still was noticeable. Jumping to the 4" my shoulder didn't feel any real pressure or pain. Everything I learned about bed said I would want a softer bed with good support. The 4 really felt like floating or weightlessness. It was an interesting feeling.

I tried about 12 other mattresses. All of them felt stiff compared to the Purple 3 & 4. Most of the other mattresses in the plush version were still had more pressure on my hips and shoulders (again, side sleeping position) than the Purple 3. This was the Tempurpedic, Kingsdown, and Sterns & Foster. The most expensive mattresses they had in the store. Getting back on the Purple 4 really confirmed to me that I need to bite the bullet and send the money. I really think that for side sleepers, where pressure points are worse than back & stomach sleepers, the Purple is going to be the best choice. I hope the next few weeks I feel the same way.

I believe Mattress Firm is the only retail place the has the Purple mattresses. So find one local to you and try them out. They have a 120-day exchange policy on Purple. Purple is also one of the best as fat as the least amount of irregular mattress depressions to warrant a replacement under warranty. I have three buddies that have them and love them. They said it's the best sleep they have ever had. But I think mattresses are so subjective and individual requirements vary a lot.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Bump. Anyone got any updates on any good pillows they're using these days? Back when this thread went up I bought a set of these from amazon just cuz my pillows at the time were so horrible I just needed SOMETHING better

And they were good enough for the purpose, but not even a year later I feel like they've been used up already. They still fluff up nice when they're left to themselves, but put your head on them, and they just don't have the support they once did anymore. I'm finding myself back into that old groove of waking up w/ my head almost buried in my shoulder, which is causing me some nice neck and shoulder pains, and probably why I cant sleep for more an hour anymore before I wake up and have to flip over to my other side. I needs me a magic pillow.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
My wife and kids use this pillow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info