Mook tests the $160 Purple Harmony pillow | Follow along

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I'm a side sleeper and I've had a hard time finding a good pillow. I did not back read all this thread.

Backstory - as a kid (7 or so and then again at 11) I was a rear passenger in 2 pretty major car accidents. The one at 7 my mom got whiplash bad from it, luckily I was sleeping and didn't really get hurt. 2nd one really messed my back and neck up, the one at 11 I had to go to a chiropractor for about a year afterwards. Later on, around my 21st b-day, I got rear ended a few weeks after I bought my first 91 MR2 Turbo. That accident really screwed up my neck and the chiro had me sleep with a cervical pillow. Those wear out over time and I've had a few replacement cervical pillows, including an Amazon Basic's cervical pillow that was too hard for me so I returned it and kept the oldest one that I've had, with the foam starting to not have much support.

About 2 years ago, wife kept complaining about our mattress, so we picked out a Tempurpedic mattress (bought it at Van Art Furniture about a month before they shut the doors permanently). The combo of the memory foam, my side sleeping and the old pillow, I was getting worse and worse nights sleep. I went on reddit one day about 3 months ago and found an older thread about side sleepers and pillows and I found this:

I ended up ordering a 6" Pro version and it took about 2 months to ship. I've been sleeping on it for about a month now and so far I'm really liking it. I think the 5" would have been a little better for me, but I'm actually getting full nights of sleep now (occasionally) which is far better than before. Only downsides: like the Tempurpedic mattress, it tends to get a bit on the hot side. And occasionally, if I lie on my back, it's not super comfortable, so I end up rolling back over to one side.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I'm a side sleeper and I've had a hard time finding a good pillow. I did not back read all this thread.

Backstory - as a kid (7 or so and then again at 11) I was a rear passenger in 2 pretty major car accidents. The one at 7 my mom got whiplash bad from it, luckily I was sleeping and didn't really get hurt. 2nd one really messed my back and neck up, the one at 11 I had to go to a chiropractor for about a year afterwards. Later on, around my 21st b-day, I got rear ended a few weeks after I bought my first 91 MR2 Turbo. That accident really screwed up my neck and the chiro had me sleep with a cervical pillow. Those wear out over time and I've had a few replacement cervical pillows, including an Amazon Basic's cervical pillow that was too hard for me so I returned it and kept the oldest one that I've had, with the foam starting to not have much support.

About 2 years ago, wife kept complaining about our mattress, so we picked out a Tempurpedic mattress (bought it at Van Art Furniture about a month before they shut the doors permanently). The combo of the memory foam, my side sleeping and the old pillow, I was getting worse and worse nights sleep. I went on reddit one day about 3 months ago and found an older thread about side sleepers and pillows and I found this:

I ended up ordering a 6" Pro version and it took about 2 months to ship. I've been sleeping on it for about a month now and so far I'm really liking it. I think the 5" would have been a little better for me, but I'm actually getting full nights of sleep now (occasionally) which is far better than before. Only downsides: like the Tempurpedic mattress, it tends to get a bit on the hot side. And occasionally, if I lie on my back, it's not super comfortable, so I end up rolling back over to one side.

Sleep on a cube?? wtf!

Seriously tho I will have to look into that

Reactions: blue-sun
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info