3800 Mods and warranty

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Well as far as not ruining your warranty.. You could go with a CAI..exhaust and u=bend removal.

A pulley will void your warranty to a certain extent (depends on what dealer you take it to some are mod friendly)

www.3800performance.com they sell package deals!!
www.thrashercharged-ep.com best pullies !!
www.intense-racing.com for hardcore shit
www.grandprixstore.com
www.zzperformance.com

As for a full exhaust I would see Jim over at Jim Deans muffler. He does an awesome job. There is s thread with his new work address and hours.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
A pulley will instantly void your S/C warranty, and could arguably, ARGUABLY, void your entire powertrain warrantee...

In order to void a warranty the service department has to prove to an arbitraitor (if you take it that far) that the mod they are voiding it for DIRECTLY caused the failure to the part in question. I.e. a dealer could say that your new pulley resulted in your transmission failure, but they would have a difficult time proving that to an arbitraitor. (sp??) If they can't PROVE it was the cause then you will win, but it is such a hassle to go that far that most people just cave in and pay. (although on a tranny or $$$ part I would fight it tooth and nail.)

BC

are the package deals from 3800performance.com worth it? i was looking at a couple of them and it seemed like a good deal for what it came with, the stage 3 package is what i was looking at to be exact.

GTP Stage 3 Performance Package Includes:
DynoMax Super Turbo Cat-Back Exhaust System with the option to upgrade to the SLP "Loudmouth" Exhaust System
Digital Horsepower Inc. v1.0 PCM. (click here to read full product information and the Disclaimer you must agree to.)
your choice of either a 3.4" or 3.25" pulley
your choice of either a Press-On Pulley or the upgraded Thrasher Modular Pulley System
Thrasher Cold Air Induction Kit with the option to upgrade to the MSP Cold Air Induction System
Goodyear Gatorback Supercharger Belt
160-degree or 180-degree SLP Performance Parts Thermostat
Optional Coolant Recovery Bottle for 1997-1998 owners
Optional Thrasher Supercharger Pulley Puller Tool for Rental or Purchase

seems like you get alot for $1039 that they are asking for it. any comments? thanks

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
custom catback from muffler shop = about $450
CAI Thrasher = about $200 (correct me if wrong.)
Pulley = $60 - 90 installed
different snout is where the price is diff. so i dunno how much
therm. = $15-25
Gator back belt = $ 65 - 75
coolant bottle $ ?
pulley puller most likely for rent, but if you buy 1 they are like $90
so you are looking at about $800-$950

please correct me if im off on any of these, but like i sed they are approx prices.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by LPSPEED2@Nov 24 2003, 06:46 PM
custom catback from muffler shop = about $450
CAI Thrasher = about $200 (correct me if wrong.)
Pulley = $60 - 90 installed
different snout is where the price is diff. so i dunno how much
therm. = $15-25
Gator back belt = $ 65 - 75
coolant bottle $ ?
pulley puller most likely for rent, but if you buy 1 they are like $90
so you are looking at about $800-$950

please correct me if im off on any of these, but like i sed they are approx prices.
GBB is like 21-30 bucks.

colant bottle is around 15-30 IIRC.......

also, you can get a deal on the PCM...contact charles (beyerch)

you will save a good amoutn with the custom exhaust and the dhp buying it seperatley from "our" guys....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info