Niche score of 2,363
tznivutqah3wih4bzewk.jpg

voplel2c8your16qlgyq.jpg

85Plyq8.gif

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Same interior as the model 3. That looks to be the design Tesla is going with now. Rumor is the X and S will get an interior refresh as well and I expect them to follow suit.

So glad I got my car when I did. I hate these 1 screen interiors.

I'm not sure why Elon is so anti HUD. Full autonomous driving is years away, so drivers need to pay attention to the gauges still. It would be useful in the Model 3.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I mean I think people were fine with the S and X interiors. I have heard complaints that the model 3s 1 screen takes some time to get used to, and that some things are 2 or 3 clicks away. Causing you to take your eyes off the road. Sure that can be countered with auto pilot, but you are not going to be using it 100% of the time.

Idk just not something I ever agreed with. But from this launch it’s not going away.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
YUP, I'm out on Tesla if they refresh the S to look anything like the 3 interior.

The S and X are still the flag ship vehicles so I still have some hope they will be different. If not idk how anyone could justify 100 grand on a car with the same interior as the 40k model.

There will be a refresh with a more minimalist design, but they won’t be the model 3/Y interior by any means. It will still be much fancier and probably have a screen in landscape orientation but also have a “gauge cluster” screen

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Let's be real

Fall 2020
Then it'll be early winter 2020
Then 1/1/2021
Then "before spring 2021"

Eventually the first preorders will be filled in April 2021

Considering it’s using 75% model 3 parts I doubt the manufacturing will be a huge issue like the 3. It’ll likely ship on time.

Only concerning thing I noticed was Elon never said it’d be made in gigafactory 1, but was bragging about the china gigafactory being done late this year... I’m wondering if he’s thinking of making all model Ys in China and just shipping them here. That’ll turn a lot of people off

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It’ll sell well, the only real problem is that it won’t be available until fall 2020

Only if you buy the top of the line model. The base models will be built after the higher level cars. Probably late 2021 for base/low option cars. I like Tesla for many reasons but that is shitty. "You can't afford or don't want our expensive stuff? Then too bad for you. You just became a low priority for us."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info