Model Y release

lastls1

Reaction score
Shocked it can seat 7. It is basically a model 3 blown up a bit. I like the way it looks from the side. The front not so much. Will wait to see it in person though

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yup, ITS FUGLY.

Model S or nothing. There is nothing S3XY about their lineup.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i see what you did there

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's a shame that the S seems to be the exception and the x, y, & 3 are the "norm" because they fuckin' ugly

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i don't find it that uggo

seems to be standard tesla inoffensive car design to me

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Side and rear look OK to me, but the front is god awful at any angle.

lastls1

Reaction score
Same interior as the model 3. That looks to be the design Tesla is going with now. Rumor is the X and S will get an interior refresh as well and I expect them to follow suit.

So glad I got my car when I did. I hate these 1 screen interiors.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
YUP, I'm out on Tesla if they refresh the S to look anything like the 3 interior.

lastls1

Reaction score
The S and X are still the flag ship vehicles so I still have some hope they will be different. If not idk how anyone could justify 100 grand on a car with the same interior as the 40k model.

jason05gt

Reaction score
Same interior as the model 3. That looks to be the design Tesla is going with now. Rumor is the X and S will get an interior refresh as well and I expect them to follow suit.

So glad I got my car when I did. I hate these 1 screen interiors.
I'm not sure why Elon is so anti HUD. Full autonomous driving is years away, so drivers need to pay attention to the gauges still. It would be useful in the Model 3.

lastls1

Reaction score
I mean I think people were fine with the S and X interiors. I have heard complaints that the model 3s 1 screen takes some time to get used to, and that some things are 2 or 3 clicks away. Causing you to take your eyes off the road. Sure that can be countered with auto pilot, but you are not going to be using it 100% of the time.

Idk just not something I ever agreed with. But from this launch it’s not going away.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
YUP, I'm out on Tesla if they refresh the S to look anything like the 3 interior.
The S and X are still the flag ship vehicles so I still have some hope they will be different. If not idk how anyone could justify 100 grand on a car with the same interior as the 40k model.
There will be a refresh with a more minimalist design, but they won’t be the model 3/Y interior by any means. It will still be much fancier and probably have a screen in landscape orientation but also have a “gauge cluster” screen

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
Let's be real

Fall 2020
Then it'll be early winter 2020
Then 1/1/2021
Then "before spring 2021"

Eventually the first preorders will be filled in April 2021
Considering it’s using 75% model 3 parts I doubt the manufacturing will be a huge issue like the 3. It’ll likely ship on time.

Only concerning thing I noticed was Elon never said it’d be made in gigafactory 1, but was bragging about the china gigafactory being done late this year... I’m wondering if he’s thinking of making all model Ys in China and just shipping them here. That’ll turn a lot of people off

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I agree, looks like it's been squished from front to rear. Proportions look very strange to me.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Side view, it is not bad. From the front, that thing is hideous.

As far as seating 7, It looks like the 3rd row will be very cramped.

Price point is decent for an electric car, but, with options, I can see the dual engine model being well over $80,000 OTD

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
It’ll sell well, the only real problem is that it won’t be available until fall 2020
Only if you buy the top of the line model. The base models will be built after the higher level cars. Probably late 2021 for base/low option cars. I like Tesla for many reasons but that is shitty. "You can't afford or don't want our expensive stuff? Then too bad for you. You just became a low priority for us."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom