Moby dick! (aka opal tortuga)

turtleman

Reaction score
RIV-V2

I pulled the trigger on a replacement-in-progress for the turtle. It's a 1999 with 122k on it and for the most part it looks like it has less than half that mileage. The underside is ridiculously clean. The instruments and controls barely look touched for the most part.
Basically the plan is to migrate all of my mods from the green car to this one including the motor, trans, sway bars, rear adjustment links, the heap of accessories/gauges/controls, audio system, etc. For the most part all of it is pretty reversible and butchery-free so I don't feel any guilt about it. I've learned a lot with my first riv and this will be as tasteful as I can make it. By buying this, I've 100% come to terms that this is a riviera first and a project/racecar second. It's a fairly major project in itself. I haven't decided exactly how & when I'm going to go about it but in the meantime, I'm gonna continue driving the green car and keep the white car stabled. I bought it now because I'm afraid I won't be able to readily find a replacement that I can live with in the future when my current car does literally crumble in half or something.

I have to say it is mind-bending driving this cherry bone stock riv since I'm used to my 12 years worth of modded riv. It's unreal how quiet the car is supposed to be. *:lmao:
The steering and suspension seem like a different car and I didn't think I changed that much in that area. I really don't think my green car has near that much floatiness and lack of sense of speed as this stock '99.

Anyway, this will be the thread I dump all the matters involving the new riv into.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
SICK. IN for build thread.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Harbles warmed...

There is a guy here with one, same color. I want it.

turtleman

Reaction score
I took this girl out of storage for a couple days to put in an automatic battery trickle charger. I decided while I had it in the garage to do some test-fitting of the C5 corvette wheels i've been wanting for years and years. So here's some pics of that... Grab some tissues and enjoy.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Weren't these things stupid expensive when they first came out? Or am I thinking of that one off 2 door Buick? I forget what it was called?

turtleman

Reaction score
Yeah could be the Reatta
wiki says about 20,000 total made from 88-91
I bet they charged a lot for 'em
Rivs like mine new were low 30k range which was quite reasonable for the best car in the world :s00ls:

turtleman

Reaction score
I decided to just go right in it and start an experimental exhaust project to get equal length secondaries so it can sound like the nasty rwd L67 cars instead of shit on shit.

first setup that gave me a result I was after (really just literally throwing pipes together out of the box)
The muffler sorta merges the two not quite like an x-pipe (there's an open space in the middle of the muffler) but I wanted to see if I could make it work for neatness.

All exhaust leaks and stuff aside, this is dangerously close to sounding awesome. Maybe a bit out of place on a riv but I don't care. I love da rivs
Now that I hear it myself I'm excited! If I can get this tuned and packaged properly, it's gonna be ridiculous with and IS3/4 cam and 25psi in front of it

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
It sounds different, but in a good way, keep doing cool shit :fy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom