Mobile mechanic or local shop - lift install

Morepower4me

Perma Newb
May 22, 2014
Elgin
Hello, I’ve reached my knowledge/ time limit & am looking to bring in an expert to take over.

it’s a 2” spacer lift going into a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. Front lift requires new sway bar end links installed & though not needed I bought replacements for the back since they may need to be cut off vs reused.

i got one strut out/set and ran into trouble reinstalling the longer strut/managing CV joint. Ran out of my/kid/wife patience and time in the garage... put it back to stock & want to pay someone to complete.

I am in Elgin & have a 2 car full open garage you can use - with my or your tools (just bought a bunch of cool new stuff to do this) or I can take it to your house or shop.

This:
1623072585247.jpeg

onto this:
1623072625715.jpeg

Morepower4me

Perma Newb
May 22, 2014
Elgin
so it binds as you try to push the control arm down to fit the strut in with the spacer on the strut?
or you talking about the CV shaft separating?

when I lower the control arm enough to fit the (now taller) strut into place, the cv binds and I can’t get the upright/carrier angle correct.
if I keep the upright at the correct angle I don’t have enough space - enough space, the cv splines feel like they almost pull out of the transaxle.

I believe it’s a mix of inexperience on my side (& not trusting what I’m doing) and some who’ve installed remove the axle bolt and give themselves more space.

I got probably 4 hrs into (Incl using a hacksaw to a cut a bolt) and realized someone with the right tools and knowledge could do this better...

1623074429218.jpeg

Morepower4me

Perma Newb
May 22, 2014
Elgin
it appears the rear control arms have to be removed in order to get he strut out?

books at 6 hours for all four corners.

it doesn’t seem to need to?
Here are the instructions & a video. They are able to keep all controls arms on/intact.

Either way - if it’s something you’d be interested in, let me know a price & we can go from there.
Thanks!

1623074675685.jpeg

1623074693471.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info