Missing shifts in an E92 M3....

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
2-3 Shift on any T-56 with a Cable clutch is very hard, especially in a faster than normal car, where the RPM's fly.

I am used to it now, but occasionally miss the 2-3 shift when power-shifting.

I thought BMW's were so refined, and easy to drive. Guess not.

Not the M breeds. Quote from Riski, "Does your car ride this hard" "No, it rides harder"

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
uh just read BMW is offering a dual clutch SMG or something like that in the m3... knocks 3 tenths off the 1/4 time, hell maybe it was 0-60mph times... but yea, sick

DCT or Dual clutch transmission. Been offered since the car came out and it's a great idea. At any given moment 2 gears are engaged, so the actual change in gears is virtually instantaneous. But, there are a few problems, the lurch, which is when you take off even slowly, it's like the car is slowly slipping the clutch and then dumping it, knocking your head into the head rest. It also has a bit of a lag from the time you click the button to shift to the time the transmission actually makes the shift, it's also something like a $3000 option. The DCT and manual seem to be pretty equal when it comes to straightline acceleration and I'm guessing its because the DCT cars are somewhere between 100-200lbs heavier. The new M models are going to get an 8 speed DCT which is just insane.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info