• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Miss under full throttle

96cobra96

I recently bought a 2001 Lightning. While at full throttle at about 4000 RPM, there is a miss. You can feel it a little, but you hear it more in the supercharger whine. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the plugs needing to be changed? The only thing the truck has is a magnaflow muffler and cold air. I don't know when the fuel filter was changed last either.

I'm also wondering if anyone would like to help me out on a switching out the plugs. It looks to be pretty tough and I'd like some help with the first time i'm doing it.

Thanks

yes plugs for sure, I know the COP's are known to go out on the Lightnings as well ( I had to replace mine) but plugs are much cheaper. The plugs do look a little intimidating to do, I would suggest getting some sockets with joints on them for flexibility and some various extensions. If you get really frustrated doing them, just pull the blower so you have more room. It takes maybe 15 min to remove it.

Rafal

red-light

Addict
Feb 14, 2007
i had a similar problem and it was a bad cop.......easiest way to check that is get 1 extra cop, switch it out and go for a drive...then repeat untill u find the problem or go through all 8 cops.
plugs are also a good thing to check. and if neither of those solve ur problem replace the fuel filter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info