Miss under full throttle

96cobra96

I recently bought a 2001 Lightning. While at full throttle at about 4000 RPM, there is a miss. You can feel it a little, but you hear it more in the supercharger whine. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the plugs needing to be changed? The only thing the truck has is a magnaflow muffler and cold air. I don't know when the fuel filter was changed last either.

I'm also wondering if anyone would like to help me out on a switching out the plugs. It looks to be pretty tough and I'd like some help with the first time i'm doing it.

Thanks

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
Try a fresh set of plugs. If that doesn't fix it, you may have a COP failing. Look closely at the plugs when you pull them. It may give you a clue to the cylinder causing the problem.

[email protected]

Reaction score
yes plugs for sure, I know the COP's are known to go out on the Lightnings as well ( I had to replace mine) but plugs are much cheaper. The plugs do look a little intimidating to do, I would suggest getting some sockets with joints on them for flexibility and some various extensions. If you get really frustrated doing them, just pull the blower so you have more room. It takes maybe 15 min to remove it.

Rafal

Tom

aka T_Factor
Reaction score
I'm not an expert, but, I had the same issue with my car.

Hans took care of it with a fresh set of plugs and she's running like a champ.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Reaction score
a little off topic but WHAAAAA thanks for letting me know tim! lol

OP

96cobra96

I'll have to attempt putting some plugs in then

red-light

Reaction score
i had a similar problem and it was a bad cop.......easiest way to check that is get 1 extra cop, switch it out and go for a drive...then repeat untill u find the problem or go through all 8 cops.
plugs are also a good thing to check. and if neither of those solve ur problem replace the fuel filter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom