• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Misfiring issue

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I'm constantly getting P0300. I've got new tr55's in, I've tried swapping between my MSD wires and the stock ones to see if it was a wire issue and it doesn't seem to be. I'm thinking maybe a coil?

Is there a misfire config for the HPT scanner someone has I can use to try and log which cylinder is misfiring?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Hpt has that parameter when you scan. Go into your scanner and open up the table that just has the grid type display( not the gauge or line chart ones). Click on add a parameter and go to engine i believe. There should be the option to scan for each cylinder misfire 1-8 in your case. Add every cylinder and see what you get. That will isolate which cylinder is misfireing if it is a misfire.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
is it actually misfiring, can you feel a misfire? or is it because of the cam..because an aftermarket cam will set this code.

Yea I can feel it. It's got a little stutter/stumble at idle, I can't really tell much in drive but if I clear the code it will come back while I'm driving. I've tried raising the idle a bit, thought maybe it was to low. But I've had it at like 850 and it's still there. :dunno:

Hpt has that parameter when you scan. Go into your scanner and open up the table that just has the grid type display( not the gauge or line chart ones). Click on add a parameter and go to engine i believe. There should be the option to scan for each cylinder misfire 1-8 in your case. Add every cylinder and see what you get. That will isolate which cylinder is misfireing if it is a misfire.

Thanks, forgot about that. I just changed a config :bigthumb:

My misfire codes are still active, but all I get is general P0300

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
Haha that is odd. You have had your truck running for a while i thought. Did you get a new tune? I fat finger the shit out of my iphone. I know where you are coming from.

Yea, my brother just went through it a bit to smooth it out with the new parts. There has to be something in the idle settings that's doing it though. The other cam did it too, but its a little rougher with this one

lol, i guess youll be ok then at the track...

fyi, i had a misfire at idle only................

chipped piston on #7

pistons looked good when I had the heads off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info