Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://lrmonline.com/news/actor-ho...unter-to-go-at-least-five-seasons/?no_cache=1

Sounds like everyone involved wants to go for a few seasons more.

Holt McCallany, Agent Bill Tench on the show recently spoke with The Hollywood Reporter and talked about one of the early meetings he had with Fincher and you can check out what he had to say below.

ā€œHe said ā€˜Listen, are you ready to do this for five seasons? Because even if I fuck it up, itā€™s gonna go five seasons, and I donā€™t intend to f**k it up.ā€™ So Iā€™d like to think that we will continue, for as long as David is intrigued by telling this particular story.ā€

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Wrapped this up last night. I realize this season is getting internet wide praise but I found it pretty boring overall. The Atlanta murders are FUCKED UP and its sickening but the rest of the stories were just bleh.

I would not say the season was bad, because it wasnt...but I never found it especially gripping or interesting.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Just watched this over the weekend. Great show, but was hoping to see Wendy naked! Can't wait for season 2

Love the car themed name Holden Ford...

Thanks to you mentioning this series in the Dahmer thread, I binge-watched the two seasons. I enjoy it a lot.

The police in Atlanta refer to him as 'Model-T'. haha

nd myself not paying attention alot. None of this is really all the interesting or gripping. Not compared to the first season.

This whole season, so far, has focused far more on the characters individual stories and they're aren't exactly interesting.

I think they wanted to show the different types of people in the agency. The company man that stays in line, knows what's expected of him, and stays within the lines of conduct.

The agent who is socially awkward, like many of the men he is interviewing. Who is oblivious to what the world around him is like. That his stepping outside the bounds of acceptable has consequences for those around him. His relationship with his GF and Unit Chief Sheppard was a disaster. He had no idea he was the reason Shepparf had to step down. His grasping of the world around him was way short of his instincts.

Then you have the non-company person who is just weighted down by bureaucracy. Her personal life side story didn't bring much to the inner workings of the work they were doing. Other than a throw-away story in her first interview. Maybe it would have paid off in scenes that didn't make it in the show? Maybe in future seasons? We might ever find out.

But Tench's side story?! Come on. That could easily end up being a big deal in the future series. If we ever get one. Brian could easily end up being a killer. This side story shows many of the traits that they found were common in the killers they interviewed. The father is never around and his mother is about to have a breakdown and could easily torment the kid. Brian is interested in killing and death already. He already showed signs of a ritualistic killer with the cross suggestion. That easily could be setting up us to watch how a killer evolves.

The interviews are the only times Ford is interesting as a character. The Speck interview was interesting. I enjoy the political roadblocks they encounter as well, reminds me of "The Wire". I binged the whole season over the weekend after hurting my back Saturday morning. Now I have wait another 2 years or so for a new season. Sad.

The interviews were the only time Ford shines. But he's well outside the guidelines. But that's the only thing that seems to get him results.

I was watching something on Youtube and it spoke about how many serial killers actually had tested with very high IQ. Like Kemper said, had some of these people turned themselves in, would they have ever been caught? Chances are yes. But not absolute. Imagine who is out there that hasn't been caught?

Even those Atlanta murders. There is no doubt Wayne Williams is responsible for some of those 29(?) murders. But all of them? People said they had more evidence than was in the Mindhunter show. The book goes into much more detail. Where they did have some evidence including fingerprints of a few of the bodies. Fingerprints that didn't match Wayne WIlliams. So were there more killers that stopped? Or move from Atlanta with the pressure that area had on it?

Reactions: Chet Donnelly
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info