TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
quit gaying up my thread

giphy.gif

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I have been slowly going over to Milwaukee as well. I follow Project Farm on youtube and Milwaukee is constantly on the top.

From personal experience, Milwaukee vs Ryobi vs no name vs Makita bits...... milwaukee is best quality.

I always grab the 12V screwdriver for most tasks and the 18v impact driver for the rest. Ryobi is now garage and backup duty.

bingo. Didnt he show that the dewalt "20v" produce the same exact voltage as the milwaukee.

Edit* just watched the video again.. 20.53v for the Milwaukee. 20.6v for the Dewalt

From my 6ish years in the trades in chicago I have seen the following from many many jobsites....

All electricians I have ever seen, only use milwaukee.

Plumbers mostly use Dewalt, but they are starting to switch to Milwaukee while using dewalt for the specialty plumbers tools.

Carpenters solely use Makita.

I watch Project Farm religiously as well. Milwaukee usually comes out on top most of the time. Dewalt is usually 2nd.

I will say though, that compact dewalt bandsaw cuts FAST and smooth.. We had only one of those in 1st year apprentice school and it cut way faster than the m12 (as it should) milwaukee, and it was virtually the same size.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
We only use 20V as a differentiation point for marketing purposes. 18V was our old NiCd battery platform, 20V is our new Li-Ion platform, but yes nominal voltage is in the 18ish range and just like that our 60V tools have a nominal range of around 54ish.

You need to get on more jobs if you think carpenters are primarily using Makita :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hong Kong......Nothing But Foreign Made

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Our batteries really are no bigger than what Milwaukee has. Our 12V lineup was revamped 2 years ago and has some great stuff if you are looking for sub-compact. We also have our Atomic line of 20V tools which are more compact. Milwaukee's high torque impact is better than ours currently but that will be rectified later this year as well, we have new high toque units coming out (1,600 ft lbs of break-away torque/1,200 ft lbs fastening). We have a whole new lineup of stubby impacts and a 3/8" ratchet too. Fret not my friend!

We always play the back and forth game with them, we launch something, then they launch something better. We are addressing things that we have holes on in our arsenal.

If Dewalt were to make a clip on fan, you would probably sway all of the Ryobi guys that are foaming at the mouth for these to your side. :rofl:

Seriously, a guy at work is a Ryobi "FAN" and linked me to a Ryobi page on facebook. Half of my feed is basically people showing these off, asking where to get them, or trying to get them. You would think they are PS5s or something.

Battery OP ratchets changed my fucking life.

I "think" I know the perks of having a battery ratchet, but Id need more input in order to really get me on board. Trust me, Im kinda lazy the older I am getting but Im still also very frugal. HAHA!

I have been slowly going over to Milwaukee as well. I follow Project Farm on youtube and Milwaukee is constantly on the top.

From personal experience, Milwaukee vs Ryobi vs no name vs Makita bits...... milwaukee is best quality.

I always grab the 12V screwdriver for most tasks and the 18v impact driver for the rest. Ryobi is now garage and backup duty.

I know there are way better brands out there, but right now I am not doing anything like this for a living. Performance per dollar buuuuuudy!!

If someone, say Dewalt, wanted to pay a guy like me(6 figures) to finger fuck their tools on trucks/automotive world I'd gladly do it just to get ahead of other competitors ;)

Shoot, match my salary and Ill quit my job on the spot and spend my days as a content creator building all sorts of stuff with your tools while wearing your shirt and drinking water out of your water bottle and brush my teeth with your brushless toothbrush! :bowrofl:

Reactions: DEEZUZ

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
If Dewalt were to make a clip on fan, you would probably sway all of the Ryobi guys that are foaming at the mouth for these to your side. :rofl:

Seriously, a guy at work is a Ryobi "FAN" and linked me to a Ryobi page on facebook. Half of my feed is basically people showing these off, asking where to get them, or trying to get them. You would think they are PS5s or something.

If it is one thing I have learned over the years, it's that people are PASSIONATE about their power tools :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I actually went to HD to see if they started Ryobi Days on Friday, but they didnt have anything set up. However, the Elk Grove HD had a handful of the fans left so I picked up 2 more. Used them when we went to the zoo on Monday. Worth it.

If you find one, then you are ahead of the game. Everyone on Ryobi Rebels FB page is going crazy over these and they are showing up on Ebay for 2-3X the price. :rofl: Seriously?

I do realize now that I need smaller batteries. I so far only have 4 4aH batteries and it does make the fan a bit chonky.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info