YouTube Million Dollar Warehouse Find: First Wash in 32 Years!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
That was a cool video no doubt. Almost seems like a commercial for those guys. I really want to see more videos of those cars. Amazing to think what else is in there after seeing this short video.

He said in the video that he was only through 1-1/2 of the 3 storages facilities and that the 3 facility probably housed the craziest cars yet to be seen.

By that statement I would imagine it houses all 03/04 Cobras.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What makes it not a barn find?

For starters it is not a barn, but a brick & mortar building or multiple brick & mortar buildings. This is a poorly maintained collection, but the collector surely knows that they are there. It is not like he is unaware of his collection or the value, this is the reason the collector is looking to unload parts or all of the collection. In my opinion a "barn find" will actually be found out in the country somewhere, a car that is very poorly maintained (no climate control, shit stacked on top or buried in a bunch of shit), and the owner (if still alive) doesn't care about the car and/or doesn't understand the value of the car.

A barn find isn't a dusty collection of 100's of cars in a dark brick & mortar building that the owner is interested in having the collection detailed for sale.

What about it makes it a barn find in your opinion?

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Never realized it need to be in a "barn" to be a barn find. According to Wikipedia, it doesn't.

A barn find is a classic car, aircraft or motorcycle that has been rediscovered after being stored, often in derelict condition. The term comes from their tendency to be found in places such as barns, sheds, carports and outbuildings where they have been stored for many years. The term usually applies to vehicles that are rare and valuable, and which are consequently of great interest to collectors and enthusiasts despite their poor condition.

Never mind that barns are all shapes and sizes, and construction types. They are not all old timber framed buildings that are painted red and in the middle of a field. Everything about it makes it a barn find to me.

Sean

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Never realized it need to be in a "barn" to be a barn find. According to Wikipedia, it doesn't.

A barn find is a classic car, aircraft or motorcycle that has been rediscovered after being stored, often in derelict condition. The term comes from their tendency to be found in places such as barns, sheds, carports and outbuildings where they have been stored for many years. The term usually applies to vehicles that are rare and valuable, and which are consequently of great interest to collectors and enthusiasts despite their poor condition.

Never mind that barns are all shapes and sizes, and construction types. They are not all old timber framed buildings that are painted red and in the middle of a field. Everything about it makes it a barn find to me.

Sean

Call it a barn find if it makes you feel better and I will say it is not because it makes me feel better.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info