millennials are ruining negotiating

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Had mufflers on Craigslist for $75. A guy asked when he could come get them. Showed up yesterday, handed me $75 and I handed him the mufflers. Was super easy and straight forward. He used complete sentences and punctuation so I actually thought maybe he was a scammer at first :rofl:

I bought a garage fridge that way similarly.

hey man your fridge works great right?

yep

okay cool you home today at 330 so i can get it?

yep

i showed up with an appliance dolly, enclosed trailer and my truck.

dude wanted to explain shit about the fridge to me and i was like cool man im gonna hand you this money and we're going to go our seperate ways k thanks bye

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
i'm moving/storing/selling stuff now and listing a ton of things on craigslist, offerup, letgo, ebay --- and the most common messages i receive on the former services are by far:

1. what is the price? on an item with a clearly listed price, which I just respond with. there is no follow up, just an empty void where I am expected to negotiate a lower price with myself.

2. what is the lowest you will go? another variation of negotiating with myself with no offer made.

this is at least 80% of the messages i get. quite frustrating. i'm going to start responding by adding $10

I've had the Maserati listed on CarGurus for two months. Because it's perceived to be an expensive but it's not a lot of money all I'm getting is bottom feeders and millennials and it is the fucking WORST.

My ad lists a price, lists condition details, specifies there's no warranty, has pictures that show many angles, mentions features... Still, the only emails I get are asking questions that are already answered, comically low offers or just generic emails "xxxxx is interested in your vehicle". Every other day I get a question about whether or not I'll finance it or how much money they need to put down. It's a private party sale.

No wonder I am able to get great deals off of Offerup/ Craigslist. I make an offer, I state that I'm ready to buy and willing to come with cash immediately and I'm polite. The art of negotiation is fucking DEAD.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I've had the Maserati listed on CarGurus for two months. Because it's perceived to be an expensive but it's not a lot of money all I'm getting is bottom feeders and millennials and it is the fucking WORST.

My ad lists a price, lists condition details, specifies there's no warranty, has pictures that show many angles, mentions features... Still, the only emails I get are asking questions that are already answered, comically low offers or just generic emails "xxxxx is interested in your vehicle". Every other day I get a question about whether or not I'll finance it or how much money they need to put down. It's a private party sale.

No wonder I am able to get great deals off of Offerup/ Craigslist. I make an offer, I state that I'm ready to buy and willing to come with cash immediately and I'm polite. The art of negotiation is fucking DEAD.

Heather told me you were bitching about that car on Facebook.

I told her this is why I don't have Facebook.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Fuck you Alonso

Screenshot_20190530-081935.jpeg

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
If they're not willing to come out and talk price in person, then they're not interested in the item. So they can fuck right off.

When I want something I'm usually willing to pay that price that it's listed for, and hope I can shave a bit off in face to face conversation

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If they're not willing to come out and talk price in person, then they're not interested in the item. So they can fuck right off.

When I want something I'm usually willing to pay that price that it's listed for, and hope I can shave a bit off

I mean, it's a bit of an apples to oranges situation I feel because you're selling a shit ton of shit at all times from more of a business location than my house or garage.

if someone's coming, they're buying it. ask their questions now, ask me to send them whatever the fuck pics and videos they want... i will provide all that and more, and we can both move on with our lives.

If they're wasting my time to have me sit around, dick in hand, to hopefully sell a $150 lawn mower mid-day of a Saturday... they best be bringing at least 130-140 and you best be expecting to leave with it.

they tell me they "want to see it in person and make an offer"

fuck that, i aint got time for that shit over $150 and I'm not waiting around to try.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I mean, it's a bit of an apples to oranges situation I feel because you're selling a shit ton of shit at all times from more of a business location than my house or garage.

if someone's coming, they're buying it. ask their questions now, ask me to send them whatever the fuck pics and videos they want... i will provide all that and more, and we can both move on with our lives.

If they're wasting my time to have me sit around, dick in hand, to hopefully sell a $150 lawn mower mid-day of a Saturday... they best be bringing at least 130-140 and you best be expecting to leave with it.

they tell me they "want to see it in person and make an offer"

fuck that, i aint got time for that shit over $150 and I'm not waiting around to try.

some chick kept wanting me to send her a video of me plugging in a playstation 3 and powering it on. finally i thought we were going to meet at - per her request, a game stop. i head out there. she never showed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info