millennials are ruining negotiating

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
61235325_299776247571736_2908881263957901312_n.jpg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I added to the price of an item for a guy that was trying to low ball me. I had listed the stock 19" tires/rims on my '15 Mustang for $300. I couldn't find anyone listing them for under $500, I thought my deal was a steal. This guy asked me if I'd go to $250. I told him that the price is now $350.

And the guy that ended up buying them pulled the "I only brought $280 with me" bullshit. I told him we agreed upon $300, why did you show up with less than the agreed upon amount? I told him to go to an ATM and get the last $20. He went back to his car and 'found' another $20.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I added to the price of an item for a guy that was trying to low ball me. I had listed the stock 19" wheels/rims on my '15 Mustang for $300. I couldn't find anyone listing them for under $500, I thought my deal was a steal. This guy asked me if I'd go to $250. I told him that the price is now $350.

And the guy that ended up buying them pulled the "I only brought $280 with me" bullshit. I told him we agreed upon $300, why did you show up with less than the agreed upon amount? I told him to go to an ATM and get the last $20. He went back to his car and 'found' another $20.

Love that.

"What's the price?"

Got that so many times selling the ATV. I started adding $500 to the price.

"Well that's not what the ad says." Hmm, amazing fuckface.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I probably could have sold my S2000 already, but I just can't stand stupid people. I have lost all faith in humanity and I will never sell anything ever again. I thought, maybe, JUST MAYBE since the s2000 is kind of expensive I won't have to deal with the dumbest fuckin' people on the planet. Man, I was sooo wrong. "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" is pretty much my only reply to everyone. Or "READ THE FUCKIN' AD" :rofl:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I added to the price of an item for a guy that was trying to low ball me. I had listed the stock 19" tires/rims on my '15 Mustang for $300. I couldn't find anyone listing them for under $500, I thought my deal was a steal. This guy asked me if I'd go to $250. I told him that the price is now $350.

I pulled this with [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] when I bought his white T/A from him. I had it in my pocket and didn't let it go too long, but wish I was wearing a body cam to see his face :bowrofl: I don't think he thought it was too funny at the time

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I sell a ton of stuff, and that is definitely not a function of age. I get it from everyone. It's really just due to access. People don't negotiate like that in person. They normally offer 10-20% less than what it's listed for. The messages are where people get ridiculous.

Try selling a car and getting offers for trades on like guns, gaming consoles, computers, other shit no one would ever want. It's frustrating.

Some stuff I can see haggling. I will try just to see what happens. If I really want it, Ill pay what asking is. If I get super push back, Ill just explain and move on. Sometimes they take what I offer. Sometimes they come back with less than asking but more than what I offered. I usually take that deal.

When you sell cars that cheap, they really come out of the woodwork. I was selling a Probe for like $700 a few years ago and I had some dude call me up and give me a sob story about how he needed to get back to Tennessee and was a disabled vet and wanted me to give it to him for free.

This sounds like it came from r/choosingbeggars. :rofl:

I was trying to sell the PC I put in the other FS section on offerup and FB marketplace. Jeeeeeeezussssssssss. I swear. I thought I pieced it together for a damn good price and at first wanted to make a bit of profit since I had to do the running around, haggling, and of course buying and putting it together.

Someone reported it on FB and I cant sell on there now. Which is funny, but whatever. Then I had people saying they would give me XBONEs or $300 max since it wasnt a gaming laptop. ROFL!! GL getting a gaming laptop worth a damn for $400 pal.

Ended up just giving it to my daughter. Cause Im not selling it for a loss. It was a damn steal, but it was in a bland case and wasnt blinged out so no one wanted it. But people will buy inferior parts put together in a NZXT H500i CAUSE OMGZ DA LEDZZZZ! for MORE money than what I was asking for mine. :roflpicard:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Just sent this.. so fucking sick of fucking fuckery.

Kisda1q.png

Yeah, the timing can be critical. April and May are great months to sell property. Once you start getting late into the summer, people are less motivated to move when the school year is approaching...at least families with children.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, the timing can be critical. April and May are great months to sell property. Once you start getting late into the summer, people are less motivated to move when the school year is approaching...at least families with children.

True. It is also easier to score houses as well since people without families dont care and seem more motivated to sell.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin

exactly.. I'm trying to wash my hands frankly 20k under a fair market value and these idiots are fucking around. Literally as of the 24th I thought we were out of attorney review yet here we are on the 28th and I find out they requested an extension to 5/30 for a roofing company to inspect the new 35 year roof that was put on by a roofing company (and fully inspected) without issues.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

Kisda1q.png

I like it. Well written.

I had a customer (notice the "had") who threatened to pull out of a deal on the day before closing. He was fishing for more money off the agreed on price. "Pay me or I'll pull out."

I told him he would most likely lose his deposit and I would not be helping him in any future transactions. Ended up with the seller agreeing to mow the grass before closing to throw him a bone and get the deal done.

I took the guy out of my book of business and haven't contacted him since.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I like it. Well written.

I had a customer (notice the "had") who threatened to pull out of a deal on the day before closing. He was fishing for more money off the agreed on price. "Pay me or I'll pull out."

I told him he would most likely lose his deposit and I would not be helping him in any future transactions. Ended up with the seller agreeing to mow the grass before closing to throw him a bone and get the deal done.

Yep I'm trying to be as political as possible, even with my own agent and attorney to get this done. My attorney now sat on their request for an extension (questions about flashing) from Friday afternoon until Tuesday afternoon and now pushing it back on them to grant the extension till the 30th so now they only have 2 days to get their own roofer out there.

TJzJfcE.png

:trump:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Kisda1q.png

Yep I'm trying to be as political as possible, even with my own agent and attorney to get this done. My attorney now sat on their request for an extension (questions about flashing) from Friday afternoon until Tuesday afternoon and now pushing it back on them to grant the extension till the 30th so now they only have 2 days to get their own roofer out there.

TJzJfcE.png

:trump:

HOUSESES ARE FUNNN1!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!!

market rocks out with it's cock out in june too though, i would definitely be annoyed in your shoes, but timing-wise, at least around here, you're aaaaiiiiight.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Yep fingers crossed.. I'm struggling BIG TIME battling this stress and anxiety.. I literally can feel the depression lifting and clamping back down while this plays out. Great scenario to play with other biohacking variables to deal with it though. Part of me wanted to play hard ball and deny the extension, which if they walk, very well could net another 5k because this is beyond giving it away at this point.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I really don't bother selling anything unless I can make at least $100 on it. Its just not worth it dealing with people. I also post a price very close to my bottom dollar. But I still get people offering half of that. Been selling almost exclusive on Facebook now. I think I get to much action sometimes but at least they are people and not bots. Posted a $120 2-stage snowblower ($499 new) in the spring. My inbox was flooded. I had to continually tell people to read the ad because the blower wouldn't throw snow. Sold to the first guy who came out but fuck I must have got 50 messages.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I like it. Well written.

I'm doing one right now where the buyers did a radon test and it came back at 3.0. The wife demanded that we install a mitigation system and get the number down to at least 2.0 or she was killing the deal.

For those unaware, the EPA doesn't recommend a mitigation system unless it's above a 4.0. The companies that install the systems will only guarantee that they can get levels down below that 4.0 number, which is where we already were...So it would be impossible for us or anyone installing the system to guarantee this 2.0 number that she seemingly pulled out of thin air.

It ended with me giving her $300 that she's totally, for real, 100% going to put towards a mitigation system as soon as she moves in.........:roflpicard:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Had mufflers on Craigslist for $75. A guy asked when he could come get them. Showed up yesterday, handed me $75 and I handed him the mufflers. Was super easy and straight forward. He used complete sentences and punctuation so I actually thought maybe he was a scammer at first :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info