millennials are ruining negotiating

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I’ll revisit this thread tomorrow on my computer.

At any given time I have no less than 10 marketplace ads. I buy and sell equipment and trucks for a living but with our current situation I’ve been doing just about anything and everything that I can turn a profit on.

The alternative address works great because for anything small, I simply meet them there. I know where the cameras on the building are and drive over to that spot and have them walk/drive to me if they get there before me. Anything larger I will meet them at my house, or will have them follow me if it’s a vehicle and I need to do title work. I keep everything small in my enclosed trailer under lock and key, and I have my CCW on me at all times.

I’ve been in some hairy situations as a buyer and as a seller, so I don’t play around, worst of which being in the back seat of an Infiniti I was selling on a test drive with two people doing over 100 mph down Rt 12, telling them to slow down with my hand on my gun in my coat pocket. Same people tried to short me money and I threw the cash back at them and made them follow me to a bank, give the money directly to a teller to count and deposit it immediately, once they did that I made them sign the title and bill of sale (under the teller window camera) when they didn’t want to do so. Just to add insult to injury I made them pull their drivers licenses and give them to the teller to make a photocopy.

I’ve been followed after not buying something under the assumption that I had the money to purchase on me... I’ve been threatened that if I don’t take their offer they’re going to “get it one way or another”...

I may only be 28, but I have a lifetime of experience doing this shit with every high class, normal, respectful person and every piece of shit, low life motherfucker there is on this planet. Don‘t fuck with me and we’ll get along great.

If you get bored over the next few days, drop some knowledge on us about some more of the hairy situations.... Always good to know some of the tricks people try to pull before it happens so you can see them coming.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
If you get bored over the next few days, drop some knowledge on us about some more of the hairy situations.... Always good to know some of the tricks people try to pull before it happens so you can see them coming.

I will do that. Honestly, there have not been many “bad” situations, my previous post covered the worst of them. I’ve had people try and short me money, get angry when an item sells before they get to it but nothing too wild.

Reactions: FESTER665

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
I’ll revisit this thread tomorrow on my computer.

At any given time I have no less than 10 marketplace ads. I buy and sell equipment and trucks for a living but with our current situation I’ve been doing just about anything and everything that I can turn a profit on.

The alternative address works great because for anything small, I simply meet them there. I know where the cameras on the building are and drive over to that spot and have them walk/drive to me if they get there before me. Anything larger I will meet them at my house, or will have them follow me if it’s a vehicle and I need to do title work. I keep everything small in my enclosed trailer under lock and key, and I have my CCW on me at all times.

I’ve been in some hairy situations as a buyer and as a seller, so I don’t play around, worst of which being in the back seat of an Infiniti I was selling on a test drive with two people doing over 100 mph down Rt 12, telling them to slow down with my hand on my gun in my coat pocket. Same people tried to short me money and I threw the cash back at them and made them follow me to a bank, give the money directly to a teller to count and deposit it immediately, once they did that I made them sign the title and bill of sale (under the teller window camera) when they didn’t want to do so. Just to add insult to injury I made them pull their drivers licenses and give them to the teller to make a photocopy.

I’ve been followed after not buying something under the assumption that I had the money to purchase on me... I’ve been threatened that if I don’t take their offer they’re going to “get it one way or another”...

I may only be 28, but I have a lifetime of experience doing this shit with every high class, normal, respectful person and every piece of shit, low life motherfucker there is on this planet. Don‘t fuck with me and we’ll get along great.

no clue how u do 10.

I used to do a lot of random items on CL. iPhones and laptops. Back when people didn't steal shit and Rob you.

I posted a few items on FB and every idiot comes out. I was selling two wheels. Only posted a picture of two. First 5 lines I wrote down "only two wheels. A pair. Two only" type of stuff. All these idiots replied back and tried to low-ball me thinking it was 4 wheels. Someone prices I agreed on and said just to make sure it's 2 wheels. Because I don't wanna waste time driving to the corner parking lot.

I'm trying to sell a motorcycle and not spend the $5 on CL ad and it's kinda pissing me off again. People just post $800 today. Which is like 1/4 of asking. Or something like that.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Perfect example of my pettiness just played out. Dude was supposed to come at 4pm to look at a machine (commercial mower). He showed up at 5:14 in a cavalier with no money. Not only did I waste my time today, I have to waste my time tomorrow.

So, because of that he’s paying full price of $1,200. If he showed up with cash and a trailer within 30ish minutes of when he said he would, he could’ve had it for $1,000 like I was telling everyone else messaging me what my lowest is.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Being in sales, I enjoy negotiating. But if someone isn’t going to put any effort into their lowball offer, I’m not taking less for it. I usually ask them to convince me why I should take less money and that shuts them up. Was selling a set of rims last summer, guy didn’t really try negotiating online from what I remember, maybe he did ?‍♂️, but when he came and looked at it he tries to offer $20 less than whatever price they were at. My rebuttal to not giving a discount - you already drove all the way out here, (I live a bit out of town), are you really going to walk over $20?

Listed an invicta watch online. Bought it two years ago in a buy 1 get 1 free deal. Never once wore it and decided to try to recoup some cash. I listed it for about half what I paid for both. (List $125), found out later that it was selling brand new on amazon for like $80. Guy offers me 50, I asked him why I should take such a low offer and he gave me a lame reason. Stood firm at $125, after like an hour or so of him asking for me to give him a deal, I lowered it to $100. Convinced him to buy it although he did try to pull the I don’t have enough cash crap when he came over. Honestly I’m glad he bought it since I doubt I would have sold it with the cheaper amazon price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info