millennial financials being roasted

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i've watched a few shorts and videos from this guy, this woman isn't the worst on the show or in the worst scenario, but still just has ridiculous financial illiteracy. i think basically everyone he has on the show are millennials, and he typically doesn't hold back much on letting them know they are delusional and financial wrecks. i'm still just shocked you can live to be 27 and still have this naive an understanding of finances.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I got on a kick a couple months back watching his videos.

Saving this one for when I’m feeding baby in the middle of the night tonight.

So much cringe at people willfully making shit decisions because of “yolo” and the people who barely have two brain cells to rub together, totally oblivious to basic math.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i'm with him on not expecting this woman to change, i was surprised to see that she also owned bitcoin and it being the "investment" she seemed most unwilling to give up - the difference between my interest in crypto and someone like this could not be further apart, which is part of why i've just grown frustrated in the space

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
will listen later. its frightening how financially illiterate my generation is. iirc in high school, the only finance course needed to pass was learning how to balance a checkbook lmao. Not how to build or use credit, not how to invest, not how to do your taxes. Nah you wont need any of that in life.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
will listen later. its frightening how financially illiterate my generation is. iirc in high school, the only finance course needed to pass was learning how to balance a checkbook lmao. Not how to build or use credit, not how to invest, not how to do your taxes. Nah you wont need any of that in life.
But we know what mitochondria be

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Was a bit cringe at first, but actually pretty interesting. I had it on in the background while getting some work done.

To be fair, I'm in the same age range and right out of college struggled with money because I was ignorant.
I didn't learn about finances in school and came from a low-income family so it wasn't something that was ever discussed.

Thankfully I knew enough to know I was in a losing battle and devoted a lot of my free time to learning as much as I could about debt, savings, budgets, investments, ect.
Was able to hunker down for awhile and dig myself out and put myself in a much better spot.

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
I don't even remember having to balance a checkbook when we were there

Reactions: DanJ

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
"it's hard not to spend"
Need to say up front I didn’t watch the video yet. With that out of the way, there’s actually a hell of a lot to unpack that quote.

I know you are pretty well traveled, but it is quite interesting to observe how perverse the assault is on people in the US to separate them from their money and how most people do not realize it.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I know you are pretty well traveled, but it is quite interesting to observe how perverse the assault is on people in the US to separate them from their money and how most people do not realize it.
Word, millennials and gen z’s seem to fall pray to all the subscription offers, Starbucks and Dunkin’, donating money to YouTubers, twitch, only fans and every form of pandering that goes on in the internet.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I think my favorite part was when he told her she should have 20k set aside for taxes and she couldn't believe that taxes could be that significant. Being a "spiritual coach" in Austin, I assume she's on the side of raising taxes to pay for all sorts of utopian governmental services.
Exactly this. I'd bet she gets audited after this lmao

Reactions: Yaj Yak and 1quick
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info