Mileage tax bill HB2864 on the docket

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Here we go. Mileage tax proposed by Marcus Evans (D, 33rd District) of $.021 per mile on the docket for Illinois House.

Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB2864

Let’s do the math based on my daily driving.
65 miles a day, 5 days a week at $.021 per mile........$350
If I take the same route every day and don’t stop at the store or go out of route that’s $350 a year just to go to work, pick up my son and go home. That’s not including going to the store, doctor, errands, or anything else.

Personally I would either not pay this and wait to be arrested and fight it as far as it could go or just move out of this shit corrupt state. Fucking ridiculous

radioguy6

Reaction score
how are they going to meter this mileage? With a GPS device in the car? LOL yeah the state can fuck off with this.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
This makes me so mad that I think I will go home after work and beat my wife. Probably even kick the dog too!

Outlaw

Reaction score
Would’ve cost me $1,197 last year. Nah, I’ll just move out of this hell hole but thanks.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
how are they going to meter this mileage? With a GPS device in the car? LOL yeah the state can fuck off with this.

Most likely monitored by an odometer reading when you get a yearly registration sticker (tax) and will probably be cross referenced by toll collections (tax) for tampering with the odometer on low mileage or they can make it a requirement to enter a user ID and odometer number at the fuel pumps like they do with CDL drivers.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lol loo ooololo

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Time to borrow an idea from the French, get some yellow jackets, March down to Springfield and remind these idiots who they work for.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is time to move.

You know we'd pay this AND fuel tax

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Cant wait for [MENTION=4873]GLADIATOR[/MENTION] to blame Trump. :s00ls:

I always say if it werent for family I wouldnt live here, they keep all this bullshit up and I'll have to deal with no family. :bowrofl:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
well. no more modern vehicles for me.
OBD1 or earlier only for me if this passes

lastls1

Reaction score
Question is how will they implement this? They cannot Strictly go off mileage, because you could have taken a road trip out of state..... or be a snow bird in Florida. Which they could not tax you on. So gps trackers then? Toll trackers? Idk?

For me at a glance seems like this would be a long ways off even if it passed.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Question is how will they implement this? They cannot Strictly go off mileage, because you could have taken a road trip out of state..... or be a snow bird in Florida. Which they could not tax you on. So gps trackers then? Toll trackers? Idk?

For me at a glance seems like this would be a long ways off even if it passed.

Knowing Illinois they would just say if the car is registered here you're paying the mileage tax no matter where you drive it.

lastls1

Reaction score
Knowing Illinois they would just say if the car is registered here you're paying the mileage tax no matter where you drive it.

I just read the full text from the site. Appears this would be a program you would sign up for? Some vehicles wouldn’t qualify depending mpg. Also from the text it would be some sort of tracking system, not simply enter your mileage at the beginning and end of the year.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Tracking system hooked up to your car would have to be voluntary wouldn’t it? Personal property statute applies to vehicles last I checked.

lastls1

Reaction score
Correct. Appears this program is on the surface voluntary based on the text I read.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom