Mike K's all Things Turo Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Car updates... I think I've got it narrowed down to two:

2014 Cayman - I almost bought one yesterday. 2014 (new body style) with 52,000 miles on it for $40,000 out the door. That's a pretty sick deal for that car.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...archRadius=50&makeCode1=POR&modelCode1=CAYMAN

2013 Panamera - I was going to look at the one in the link below but it was just sold. There are a decent amount of them out there for similar prices though. A 2013 base model with some options. I want the V6 because the V8's had some issues and people aren't renting these for speed; they're renting them to be seen in a Porsche on vacation. Nobody that rents them even differentiates what they have.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ctd/d/2013-porsche-panamera/6471370987.html

I think I prefer the Panamera because if I'm driving it I can still use it as a car. The Cayman would be nice to have around and fun to play with but it wouldn't exactly be a car I could through the kids in and go for a Sunday drive. The Panamera I could and I'd actually want to.

What should I do? #zxmustangproblems

also, i wouldn't turn your head on the v8 panamera's... the v8 issues were in the cayenne's from what i read, a good amount of time before the panamera came around, & the v8's i've read are plenty legit.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Nah, we have almost no trucks out here. You really want stuff that people identify as being high end. That's where the money is.

That XF is nearly 10 years old so you'd be looking maybe $35 a day on it. No bueno. And Turo has a 10 year/ 130,000 mile cutoff on cars. They'll let you rent them out after that but with zero insurance on their end.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nah, we have almost no trucks out here. You really want stuff that people identify as being high end. That's where the money is.

That XF is nearly 10 years old so you'd be looking maybe $35 a day on it. No bueno. And Turo has a 10 year/ 130,000 mile cutoff on cars. They'll let you rent them out after that but with zero insurance on their end.

dude there is pleeeeeeeennty of bro trucks running around out there. i just don't think they are on your radar when they pass you :rofl:

im saying there could be an untapped market there... everyone is doing panamera's and audi's...

Plus if I'm going to buy really high mile cars not only would I have to account for the cost of repairs but account for the cost of them not being available as they're being repaired.

i posted a panamera with 53k miles on it... :dunno:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
G1OyZMe.png

:rofl:

:mikek:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Maybe he's right though. I kind of gave him ammo with

If that's normal life for them, why would they rent a dudebro truck?

I'M AGREEING WITH MIKEK!?

meh, when i step off the plane, i want to hop into a truck with some cali-lean and a flat bill monster hat for my ears to tuck into waitin' for me on the dash.

he's talkin' about leaving vehicles at LAX... locals aren't going to LAX to pick up a ride.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
So I'm about to buy something but it's not what I want which is a weird sensation when you're dropping coin. This dealer has an Estoril Blue M-Sport 435i Gran Coupe, fully loaded with LED adaptive headlights, sport seats, Heads up display, Harmon Kardon Stereo and a bunch of other stuff for $30,000.

Meanwhile, I'm about to buy a Chrysler with a Maserati badge on it. Let me tell you guys... Everything people say about this car is true. The interior has the same quality as a 300C, the door panels rattle and it gets 3 miles per gallon BUT it's cheaper than the Panamera I was looking at, is under warranty, is fast, looks great and sounds like pure sex if you could turn sex into a sound. My god it sounds good. But none of that matters. At the end of the day the numbers matter and so while I'm probably going to be taking a Ghibli home today, my heart really wants the 435.

Mother of god...

2015-BMW-428i-Gran-Coupe-front-side-view-near-building.jpg

But I mean, this aint so bad either...

2014_maserati_ghibli_sedan_s-q4_fq_oem_2_1280.jpg

Unless anyone can talk me out of it. [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info